3800 12" F-Body brake rotor upgrade...Any Good?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I do. IIRC, all you need are the bolts and the caliper brackets since the brackets allow the 12 inch (11.9, but whatever) rotors to fit.

Thanks for reminding me. I actually need new pads at least up front. :hs: Wondering if I should just have these current rotors cut or just get new ones. Ill see what they look like before I make a decision.

Last edited:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
the inch makes a huge difference, I have the 12" kit with stock calipers, But I don't see a reason to swap out the stock fronts for new-stock fronts, I only open the brake system if I have to, so if you really wanna swap calipers, you might as well go with the dual piston pbr setup they sell :) on our cars though, any brake upgrade is worth the $$

Edit
I do. IIRC, all you need are the bolts and the caliper brackets since the brackets allow the 12 inch (11.9, but whatever) rotors to fit.

Thanks for reminding me. I actually need new pads at least up front. :hs: Wondering if I should just have these current rotors cut or just get new ones. Ill see what they look like before I make a decision.

Brake labs on ebay is 150 for all four rotors and all eight pads

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If you do the Fbody dual piston caliper kit, you will need to swap everything. If you use the 12" kit that you posted in the first post, you use stock size pads since the calipers are the same.

Im actually not sure what size brakes came on 95 GPs. :hs: Rebel might have more info on that.

As far as the rotors and such on ebay, I am a little skerd of going that route again. I got some bunk rotors for a cheap price last time I went that route. Im also not looking for drilled rotors since most of them are actually weaker then stock rotors.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
well i always ask myself what i get for the bucks. then if i have extra bucks i put them in the stock market and let a black hole eat them.

i just think a lot of people equate bigger brakes = shorter stopping distances and it doesn't really work like that. what they are best at is dissipating heat and repeating good performance under stressful braking, although this is braking that you don't experience unless you're on a race track, which i don't see many people with GP's doing. if you're actually looking for shorter stopping distances, then a stickier tire is by far the way to go. so if you're running on all-seasons, buy some OEM rotor blanks and use the rest of the money burning a hole in your pocket on some summer tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info