3800 Replacing gauge cluster bulbs?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Ive had this problem since I had the car but never got around to fixing it. If you have been in my car you probably also noticed it. One part of my speedo/gauge cluster doesnt light up. Im assuming there is just a bulb on the back that I can replace or is this not a serviceable part?

fxz69w.jpg

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Pull the dash, unbolt the cluster, pull it towards you, the bulb holder takes 1/4 or 1/2 turn for the thing to come out :).....I swaped the one behind the seat belt warning to the perf. shift light over the fuel level.....but it doesn't light up, so I fail..............

So, if you need help, PM me and I'll swing by, can't promise 20 min job, but I've def taken the dash apart that far in less than ten min.......

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
I have an extra cluster if you need the bulb holder...I just don't know how I'd get them to you. I have to play poker tomorrow night. :dunno:

mine are out in the exact ssame spot.

once u figure it out... come over and do mine

kthx

It's not really that hard. I can help you if you'd like...I'm busy helping my sister move this weekend, but let me know when you have an extra hour and I can help get it changed out for you.

The hardest part is getting the big plastic clip to come out of the cluster. Anyone remember exactly so it does not break?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info