ZXMustang's 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
UConnect is the best thing on the market right now.

Congrats on the car, Brian. The rev matching stuff is pretty damn sweet, IMO. Love how it sounds. Why do you think it has no place on the street?

What do these things run stock nowadays? What power plant is it?

Oh and PLEASE tell me you'll road race this thing at Autobahn at least once this year?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Buddy of mine has one. Bone stock ran consistent 11.9s at 117mph. He has an 8 speed auto though.

8505bf436758820a54e4539ad2ba6a81.jpg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
UConnect is the best thing on the market right now.

Congrats on the car, Brian. The rev matching stuff is pretty damn sweet, IMO. Love how it sounds. Why do you think it has no place on the street?

What do these things run stock nowadays? What power plant is it?

Oh and PLEASE tell me you'll road race this thing at Autobahn at least once this year?

The rev matching thing is nice, but when downshifting all the way to 1st, it blips the throttle hard to make sure you are ok. I wouldnt do that normally. And I have no problem driving stick on the street. But at the track, its awesome to keep you in the power band on a down shift. I will use it here and there, but I have to adjust my driving style when its on.

As for autobahn....HELL YEAH. Let me know when you guys are going. I've been wanting to do that for like 5 years.

And should break 12's easy. 11's will be tough because manual. But on a tire, it should get close. The Flex Fuel setup and the cat delete pipes will most likely be my first mods. I can then swap back and forth from E85 to gas when convenient.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I don't know that I've ever downshifted to first coming to a stop. As soon as I see I'm going to need to stop, I just drop it into neutral and coast. I guess there are always those guys that like to approach a stop in first gear to listen to the engine rev down.

Second gear is as low as I go if there is any momentum at all. Otherwise I have to feather the clutch to make it smooth using first gear. But that's just me.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
The rev matching thing is nice, but when downshifting all the way to 1st, it blips the throttle hard to make sure you are ok. I wouldnt do that normally. And I have no problem driving stick on the street. But at the track, its awesome to keep you in the power band on a down shift. I will use it here and there, but I have to adjust my driving style when its on.

As for autobahn....HELL YEAH. Let me know when you guys are going. I've been wanting to do that for like 5 years.

And should break 12's easy. 11's will be tough because manual. But on a tire, it should get close. The Flex Fuel setup and the cat delete pipes will most likely be my first mods. I can then swap back and forth from E85 to gas when convenient.

Yesssss... AB.... another tcg'r grows a pair :wavey:

the dodge boats would just look "weird" on the road courses? :dunno:

flame-war.jpeg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Yesssss... AB.... another tcg'r grows a pair :wavey:

the dodge boats would just look "weird" on the road courses? :dunno:

flame-war.jpeg

I agree with that. I'd feel very awkward trying to road course a charger. Hell I was feeling weird about taking the charger to the drag strip.

So Im back to DDing the minivan tho. Gotta make some concessions somewhere. Maybe next year we will try to get something nicer/newer for me to DD. Like a newer civic or something.

Thread Info