šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I only do that one for chest. Man, I'm a workout nub. I've NEVER worked out seriously... until like the last couple months.

I need to have a talk with you!!! If you really want to get strong, 4 excercises for chest such as flat bench press, incline bench press, slight incline dumb bell press and then dumbbell flys or cables. You will get stronger doing what you are doing, but you are going to pleateu very soon.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
androgel.jpg

I can get you this!

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I made that mistake back in the day. I thought I was doing decent benching with the squat machine, but when I went to do a real bench I couldn't balance anywhere near the weight I was on the machine. I believe you are just isolating one area of the pectoral muscle with the machine so when you have a free bar you don't have the surrounding muscles to balance it.

I have been seriously thinking about getting back into lifting...its been almost 3 years..

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I made that mistake back in the day. I thought I was doing decent benching with the squat machine, but when I went to do a real bench I couldn't balance anywhere near the weight I was on the machine. I believe you are just isolating one area of the pectoral muscle with the machine so when you have a free bar you don't have the surrounding muscles to balance it.

I have been seriously thinking about getting back into lifting...its been almost 3 years..

The smith machine just sucks in general.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I just put up the largest bench in my LIFE a couple days ago. Motivation becomes less of a factor when you just make working out part of a routine. You almost just start doing it on auto pilot.

Congrats Eagle! I feel you on the motivation thing. Right now, if I dont work out, I almost feel guilty. It has just become a part of my day, especially the ones I work on. Come home at 530am, sleep til noon, work out for an hour or so, eat "breakfast" back to work, repeat. One day completely off a week, unless there is a reason I have to take more off. I absolutely love it though.

Never been a big guy, dont think I will be ever. Started off last November at 155lbs, got to 183lbs by the end of February and was hung up at that point, decided to change my diet and cut some fat, got down to around 168 and now Im trying to bulk again, currently at 173lbs and easily under 10% body fat, 5'11" tall.. I have to eat like a god damned horse to gain anything at all.

When I started lifting, it took me a month before I could put up a plate on each side of the bar (135lbs) , two months ago I put up 255 for the first time.

To anyone looking to lose or gain weight, its half exercise, half diet. Not having time is a poor excuse IMO. You can get a lot done in a half an hour, being disciplined. A weight set and bench can be had for $150 on craigslist all day long. Throw it in the garage, throw it in the basment, wherever. When not being used the stuff can be stored pretty damn compactly.

Thread Info