Who here got a vasectomy?

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Had mine done approx 5 years ago. This thread makes me want to shoot in a cup again.......hahaha. They snipped, cauterized, no tie off. My Dr. said that he did not tie off anymore as if it is tied to tight it can re-open one of the ends. So far no baby momma's that I am aware of.

Hope everything works out for you.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I got done as well... I can only say that my doc made it known that I will never have kids again. In his 28 years he's had 0 pass bye.. that being said this threads my worse nightmare because I'd defiantly get a DNA test done right away. Either way good luck

My ball dr has been doing it for 30+ years I would guess and said it happened once to him but he didn't burn them close and this is a first. So we will see what happens.

My main point of the thread was to bring it to everyone's attention that it could happen.
LOL!!!!! Well congrats!!

I'm planning on getting one this summer, but could totally see this happening to me in the future.
Thanks
I guess it's worth it for everyone but me haha. I can't complain as long as the baby is healthy.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Man, that's crazy. Haven't gotten one yet..been lazy. Plus, the pull and shoot has worked in the 5 years we've been together. It was the plan this year for me to do one...but this thread has me second guessing...even if it is super rare LOL.

Dont try to give yourself a reason to back out. It was the easiest "procedure" I have ever done. I was in and out in like 20 minutes. Frozen peas on the balls for two days, and I was shooting ropes by the end of the week. Just do some research and find a place that stands behind the 0% of getting someone prego. Its worth it.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Dont try to give yourself a reason to back out. It was the easiest "procedure" I have ever done. I was in and out in like 20 minutes. Frozen peas on the balls for two days, and I was shooting ropes by the end of the week. Just do some research and find a place that stands behind the 0% of getting someone prego. Its worth it.

Oh I know it'll be worth it, it's just things like this that gives that tiny voice in the back of your head a microphone and a soap box for a few minutes :rofl:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Oh I know it'll be worth it, it's just things like this that gives that tiny voice in the back of your head a microphone and a soap box for a few minutes :rofl:

I was scared shitless. But it was over so fast. I was asking the Dr when he was going to start, and he had already did one side and was almost done with the second side. It was all painless too accept for some mild pulling sensation from the ball sack.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I was scared shitless. But it was over so fast. I was asking the Dr when he was going to start, and he had already did one side and was almost done with the second side. It was all painless too accept for some mild pulling sensation from the ball sack.

+1 I was surprised at how painless it actually was. One guy in the waiting room walked in and out and said no more kids for me.
I said you are done?
yep i had hair cuts that hurt more.

And he was right. For the most part.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Eh. After the next kid, wife is getting snipped

They say that's less effective

Saw the dr today with my 3rd sample. Negative. No sperm at all
His procedure is that he cuts and shortens them, clips one end and burns the other end. He is basically just baffled. Never seen it before but he knows the chances are 1 in 2000.
He said he would redo it if I wanted to but it would be higher up by my crotch and I'd be out of work for a week. :picard:
no thanks

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Not saying this applies to you, just sayin. There is a roughly 14% chance that a married woman will cheat on her husband. There is a .05% chance a vasectomy will fail.
I would of expected it to be higher than 14%.
Even still I am not worried. Will get a test when the baby is born.

lol @ this thread.

(might have to shoot in a cup again just to make sure...)

I didn't today. Stil negative

Freak things happen all the time in medicine and life in general. I'd say you're sterile now, but clearly weren't at some point during 2016 after the vasectomy. But you are now and repeated semen analyses have proven that, so really no reason to have another vasectomy.

Let's not lose sight here...congrats on the baby! If you have zero concern for infidelity, I'd say screw the haters and skip the paternity test. Do what's right for your family. I find it hard to believe that a wife that was cheating on her husband who had been vasectomized would come forward about a pregnancy haha. I think you're fine, buddy. Congrats!

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
So I thought it was appropriate to update you guys on the situation.
A few weeks ago we found out we were having a boy and was super excited. I think I was most excited for my son to have a little brother.
A normal ultrasound after we found out the sex we got some disturbing news. Our son was diagnosed with spina bifida myelomeningocele which is the worst kind there is.
These kids often need shunts in their brain to help drain fluid. Open wound on their back where their spinal cord sticks out. No movement of their legs and below. No function of their bowels. These children need to be straight cathedured many times a day to stay regular.
Brain surgeries are frequent as the child grows the shunts need to be changed. High chances of infection with each surgery and can also cause vision issues and development issues and speech issues.
After talking with many many doctors that have done the surgeries and seen the children have no quality of life we had to make the best decision for us. We were also told that no place in IL has a good enough hospital equipped to handle these cases and we would have to move to either the east or west coast and might as well move into the hospital due to the amount of time the children are in and out. Not to mention a lot of the children who still pass due to surgery complications and other things that are beyond my scope of knowledge.

So with all that info from the doctors we chose not to go through with it because there was no quality of life for our poor guy. And no quality of life for my other children as they would be living in the hospital along side their brother. The only way my wife wanted to see it through was to treat him like every other beautiful child and give birth and we were hopeful to get a few minutes of life with him.

4/20 at 4:40 he was born but sadly he didn't even take a breath. within an hour later my wife was rushed to surgery to get the placenta out where she endured tons of pain due to her epidural not keeping her numb. She lost 2 liters of blood and almost died. The pain keeping her body stimulated for the surgery is what kept her alive.

4/24 we had a funeral where he was laid to rest with my wife grandfather. I'm catholic and she is jewish so he was laid to rest on top of her grandfather. Never being to a jewish funeral I have to say that I have a few respect for their tradition. Everything was perfect and they were very accomidating to everything. This is where pay if forward comes into play. If I see a friend on FB with a go fund me page for a reason or someone going through a hard time I will happily donate to those that need it. I've never asked for it in return. The cemetery was so nice that they paid it forward to us. Everything they did for us was free. I am thankful for that.

I will request this post be taken down after a little while it doesn't need to be out there forever but just wanted to give you guys an update. Things happen that are out of our control and things that we never expect. What I want from all of you with kids, is to just stop for a second and give them an extra long hug and kiss because you never know what tomorrow brings.

My wife is part of a FB group of support moms who have been nothing short of amazing. the care packages keep on coming. They send beautiful cards, flowers, stuffed animals with his name on it, gift cards, dinners etc. Everything she needs to keep her head up and make her feel better. These women are amazing and have raised our spirits so high it has brought her tears of joy instead of tears of sadness.

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a rough one to say the least. I am hopeful I can get someone who can design me a tattoo of his name and foot prints for my back. I also want it to say "I was your angel now you're mine"

Today is my first day back and work. Lucky for me a few people are off and I mainly work alone so it's nice but still hard to be out in public in front of everyone else with a smile on their face.

And that's about all i have to say for now. Give your family a hug and kiss and always pray for good thoughts.

ah i feel a little better writing this and letting some tears fall.
thanks for reading

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info