What would you do with $500 million?

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I would diversify my portfolio and hedge my bonds on the upcoming energy crisis...

Okay enough talking about something I have no idea about.

I would build a 10 second sho, then go to vegas and put 20k on red.

Then I would put the rest in trust. give myself around 300k per year and the rest would go to my daughter/family.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
First thing I'd do is not tell anybody. Then I'd change my number and talk to a national law firm and only accept one of the lead partners in the firm to handle my situation. Next I'd claim my ticket as how the law firm advises me and buy a house (or get one built) in the middle of nowhere, elsewhere, so to limit the amount of people trying to come after me for money (by litigation, asking, or otherwise).

But ultimately, I'd take the lump sum. The 30 year annuity gives you more in the long run based off their numbers but they put money in low securities and bare minimum (if at all) interest. I'd rather do that myself. I'd live off the interest after I take a small, small amount and help immediate family. Atleast that is my idea of how I'd at least start to spend money. But I would live off the interest, put money in portfolios, set up trusts for my nieces and nephews for college, and set some off to the side for emergencies.

One thing I would like when I have a house built is a room full of all the nice toys I want (rifles, guns, ect).

Prevent

ilikemtb999 is my friend
Jun 29, 2009
You could technically live off the interest of the first annuity payment, which I think is something like 30million after taxes now. The best thing about the annuity is technically you couldn't spend all your lottery winnings away trying to be the next zuckerburg or Floyd may weather

And if you did need a lot of money, now that you're rich and can prove a steady flow of income (annuity) banks will loan you millions of dollars at stupid low rates.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info