What was the first forum you ever joined?

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I actually joined TO because I was in an Xmod phase and did a google search, and a thread there popped up. I wonder if [MENTION=653]BrianG[/MENTION] still has his. I wish I kept mine. :tear:

I DO have mine! I originally bought the NSX and started doing a bunch of body work on it with model putty, but never finished. Then I bought my buddy's Supra kit off him and never played with that either. Those things had a crazy aftermarket. I spent money on the NSX when I shouldn't have been blowing money on anything, but out of nowhere, the whole group of us were hooked on them.

My first forum was ClubGP. I joined probably in 2000, but was not active until I randomly encountered GP4U2NV's car at the National Corvette Museum and immediately became obsessed with his car and my GP and the platform in general. It was such a huge deal then that his car was in the Street Glow catalog.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I DO have mine! I originally bought the NSX and started doing a bunch of body work on it with model putty, but never finished. Then I bought my buddy's Supra kit off him and never played with that either. Those things had a crazy aftermarket. I spent money on the NSX when I shouldn't have been blowing money on anything, but out of nowhere, the whole group of us were hooked on them.

The Supra and the body kit were fucking awesome. I loved the wing that looked like the SLP gen 1 wing. If I ever have a supra Id want it to look like that.

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
Forum? I think it was probably MFBA, either late 2001 or early 2002. (EDIT... no wait, first *forum* would've been CorvetteForum... but I didn't last long there and found "home" with the MFBA)

Was a member of a lot of email lists before that, though. Mk4Chicago, SuperCarsChicago, SDML (Shelby-Dodge Mailing List)

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Forum? I think it was probably MFBA, either late 2001 or early 2002. (EDIT... no wait, first *forum* would've been CorvetteForum... but I didn't last long there and found "home" with the MFBA)

Was a member of a lot of email lists before that, though. Mk4Chicago, SuperCarsChicago, SDML (Shelby-Dodge Mailing List)

Forgot about the mfba! I miss the fall cruise

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It was funny... All of us former MFBA'ers then all got GTO's. Then some G8's... so you kept running into them on all the other forums. :D

I know there is quite a few here from the MFBA days. PSJ, Dan00Hawk, You, Me, probably a few others I forget.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
clubgp was my first, i had no idea how a forum worked, so when it asked for a name, i used my actual name and that was forever my screen name on there. i thought of changing it after seeing others but i said screw it. after that, i started using my, at that time, xbox name for everything, and have stuck with it for the most part. newer forums i have switched to my current xbox tag of "nfantbabyjesus". haven't been there in years...will promptly go there after typing this post. lol

edit- joined clubgp March of 07

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info