What kind of surround system do you have?

Foques

He who caN
Jul 18, 2008
Streamwood
Really I would take a long hard look at a soundbar and if that doesn't meet your needs skip the home theatre in the box.

How many inputs will you have and what sized room are you putting this in?

Sharp 65 inch LED that I picked up for 300 bucks for daytime
Sanyo 1080P Projector to an 88 inch screen for movies/night time.

I personally am running Onkyo tr606 (super old at this point and HDMI is slowly going bad)
Kef model 104's which are older then me and better for music as front L/R
Polk audio center stage
Random infinity rears
Paradigm PW-2200 500 watt sub that just outshines the rest of what I have.

I really want to build speakers to keep up with the sub that are all the same drivers etc but car stuff always takes the higher priority.

It'll be put in a medium sized living room (somewhere around 20x40ft)
looking at 4/5 inputs.. mainly for my consoles, really.. I don't watch DVD as most of the videos are.. uh.. borrowed from the interwebs.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Still need to upgrade my TV to a 70" but currently:

Jamo S606 HCS3 5 piece system:

S606HCS3_4.jpg

BIC V1220 12" 400 down firing watt Sub (love this thing)

518FKJ9K44L._SS500_.jpg

Running off a Denon 1913 receiver:

Denon-AVR-1913.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I have an LG sound bar which sounds surprisingly good for normal tv use.

I'd like to get one of the Bose systems that you power with your own receiver. I used to have an Acoustimass 15 with the smaller jewel cube speakers which sounded great and was unobtrusive. I know there's much better out there but it was good enough and it looked good which was important. I'm past the point in my life where I want a set of 5 foot tall B&W speakers on either side of my TV.

Here is my basement setup (low quality phone pic). All wiring ran back to closet where gear is housed and use RF remote to control room. I used an HDMI extender over two cat5 wires.

60 Inch LG
3 Episode On Wall for LCR
2 Episode in-Ceiling Rear Surrounds
1 Episode Triple 8 Inch Sub
Denon E400 Receiver

Attachments

• Family Room 2.jpg
    Family Room 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 63

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
BIC makes awesome stuff, their subs are insane. I looked at that same F-12 you have but wanted down firing instead of front firing for whatever reason I can't remember haha

I have mine set ridiculously low and it's still powerful.

I was just kinda wondering why you chose it... I don't have a reason why I chose the F12 over yours.... lol

My Setup is:
70" Vizio 4k M series
40" 5.1 Vizio sound bar type system. It has the sound bar up front and two satellite speakers for the back two.

Its by no means the best surround sound set up but it works nice for the room we have.

The feature i like the most, is the ARC capability. So i can use the tv remote to control the volume instead of two different remotes.

Pretty easy setup also. Plug Sound bar into TV and Wall. Sub is wireless so you just have to plug into the wall. The satellite speakers plug into the back of the sub and get wireless signal from sound bar.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I was just kinda wondering why you chose it... I don't have a reason why I chose the F12 over yours.... lol

I honestly think it was as petty as aesthetics (and saving like 20 bucks) . I like the the speaker on the bottom being hidden. Performance wise I've never really heard a good argument for front vs. down sine low hz sound waves are omni-directional.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info