What do you guys want to know about the Raptor?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
6.2's power delivery is very linear. It's punchy with very sensitive throttle response and the power comes on immediately at any speed. Raptor's power delivery is more turbo-ish. It comes on strong in the mid-range but doesn't fall off on the top end like many EB engines. The 10-speed gets the engine into power-making zone quickly. Boost response is very good. Accelerator response isn't as precise as the 6.2. As a whole, though, the Raptor drives like a toy. The GM is a work truck. Very different vehicles despite similar acceleration.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
This is a standing question with every car I want to read about. I want an honest review of the infotainment system. Is it easy to use? Does it have real knobs for volume and tune? When I turn the tune knob does it actually immediately change the channel or do that stupid thing where it bings up a channel guide that I have to find a channel and hit select to change the channel? Does pairing a phone slow down the system? Does the volume on the radio get loud enough or stop where you think it should go louder?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This is a standing question with every car I want to read about. I want an honest review of the infotainment system. Is it easy to use? Does it have real knobs for volume and tune? When I turn the tune knob does it actually immediately change the channel or do that stupid thing where it bings up a channel guide that I have to find a channel and hit select to change the channel? Does pairing a phone slow down the system? Does the volume on the radio get loud enough or stop where you think it should go louder?

It's just like the regular F-150. Sync 3 is pretty much the same across the board. Very good. Volume and tuning knobs, tactile preset buttons. Tuning knob changes radio stations. Pretty traditional stuff. No red flags there.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Local dealer had one in the delivery area they showed me. Buyer had the dealer send it out for tint and exhaust. Sounds like ass. Literally, like farts. Another due in a few weeks, presold too.

They're getting $10k over MSRP, said a lot of dealers are getting more.

I'd like to know if someone has figured out an exhaust setup that lets you hear the turbos spool, yet not have too blatty of a tone under power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info