What book are you currently reading?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I could write a book on sci fi books and authors. Here are a few to start.

For sci fi clever comedy, Terry Pratchett has written the tremendously entertaining Disk World series. Dozens of books in the series, each better than the last.

For old fashioned sci fi, Robert Heinlein is my favorite author. Such a great writer. I almost cried when he passed.

Spider Robinson writes edgy sci fi. His Callahan's Crosstime Saloon series is another great comedy, thinking sci fi series. He also has other regular sci fi books that are good or great.

If you want some old space opera, the Lensman series by E.E. "Doc" Smith has the forces of good battling the forces of evil over half a dozen books. Good stuff although it's getting dated.

Roger Zelazny is the best for Sci fi/fantasy. His Amber books chronicle the lives of a family of near gods. Well written.

Not really sci fi but anything by Clive Cussler is worth reading. The older (best) stuff was written by him. Now he's so successful that he has ghost writers write various series in his style.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
All good suggestions.
I'm checking out the Ted Bell stuff now:
http://www.tedbellbooks.com/alex-hawke/hindex.html

Also looking at Robert Heinlein on Amazon.

My recommendations are the Vince Flynn books as previously mentioned.
Also, the Superhawks series by Mack Maloney were excellent, especially if you like some good special forces, terrorist killing adventures.

For Sci-Fi, I recommend any of Arthur C. Clarke's books. Read most of his stuff over the years and it's great. His 2001 series of books is great and of course all the Rama books. The "Time Odyssey" books that he co-authored with Stephen Baxter were also good, but unfortunately Clarke passed without ever finishing the series.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info