• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Uh-oh Tesla

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
27ak4d.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Their families and friends do.

Also those who are then stuck in traffic due to the accident.

Not to mention the Emergency Responders including Tow Truck co, Insurance companies, Automobile manufacturers, Dept of Hwy Safety, Funeral home and associated Florist.

I wasn’t talking about the people, I was talking about the cars. Never is kind of vehicle mentioned on the news.

Usually it’s a “white SUV vs a Semi”

Not a......”Model X 100D traveling at 50 mph possibly using autopilot that caused the deaths of 4 people! Quick run away from your Tesla’s!”

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The better argument would be that the F150 would be talked about by dumbshit GM :nutz: because it's made of aluminum even though GM is now making trucks out of - surprise - aluminum.

I'd be curious to think Tesla would be more susceptible to these types of violent accidents because there's no drivetrain preventing a total cut-in-half scenario? Had an F150 hit the same barrier, would it have split in two because it has an engine, transmission, "true" firewall, so on and so forth in the front? Whereas Tesla just has an empty compartment and the batteries don't start until under the passenger compartment?

Not arguing, just pondering.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'd be curious to think Tesla would be more susceptible to these types of violent accidents because there's no drivetrain preventing a total cut-in-half scenario? Had an F150 hit the same barrier, would it have split in two because it has an engine, transmission, "true" firewall, so on and so forth in the front? Whereas Tesla just has a compartment and the batteries don't start until under the passenger compartment?

Not arguing, just pondering.

i don't think the f150 or other vehicles would have fared better necessarily. the engine/trans just get ripped out in most violent accidents anyways... or pushed into the passenger compartment.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The better argument would be that the F150 would be talked about by dumbshit GM :nutz: because it's made of aluminum even though GM is now making trucks out of - surprise - aluminum.

it wouldn't be national news though.

sure forums and enthusiasts would beat their swingin' dicks one way or the other, but it wouldn't be a story on the 9pm news after the 9:13pm commercial break

" AND AFTER THE BREAK, TESLA'S KILL PEOPLE, WE WILL HAVE MORE ON THAT WHEN WE RETURN"

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Secondary collisions are a bitch.

That engadget article is such typical sensationalist crap... seems to be the norm over there these days.

Following Tesla is like following my favorite early access/kickstarter/forever alpha games in a lot of ways.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
it wouldn't be national news though.

sure forums and enthusiasts would beat their swingin' dicks one way or the other, but it wouldn't be a story on the 9pm news after the 9:13pm commercial break

" AND AFTER THE BREAK, TESLA'S KILL PEOPLE, WE WILL HAVE MORE ON THAT WHEN WE RETURN"

If the F-150 had autonomy, it would be national news. Look at the Uber crash. Pedestrians get hit and killed all over the country.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:werd:

i think this is even more so autonomous driving issues and situations that were going to come up no matter which manufacturer went down that path first and strongest.

lot's of conversations are happening for situations that would have been encountered no matter which brand was behind the autonomous vehicle.

If the F-150 had autonomy, it would be national news. Look at the Uber crash. Pedestrians get hit and killed all over the country.

hey

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info