Two dudes open carry (with an AK) into a police station

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
it pains to no end my cop buddy friends who have to deal with citizens believing they know the law better, don't have to do x/y/z, etc. in some cases i don't mind if people push back, in others people seem to be so fucking stupid and in the wrong it's amazing, and they even keep pushing their views as if talking more will help them win or as if it's reasonable to expect a cop to dedicate their day convincing them of something.

another cop buddy who eventually went to law school and also quit being a cop said cops don't know the law all that well really - which i don't find that surprising - it really doesn't matter though since the cop has a huge amount of leeway in being wrong, and you have almost none at all.

these idiots probably even think they are helping out the open carry movement, all they are doing is being examples of stupid as fuck citizens who are harming it though.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
:bowrofl: My first thought was, "oh no, this guy has transition lenses".

I like that these two guys are just driving around with body armor and cameras on also.

once i saw all that i was surprised they even got as far as they did without people flipping their shit, if you're at the front desk and you see these assholes through a glass door walking up? holy fawwwk

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I had transition lenses once and I hated them. They took way to long to revert back to clear. They always seemed slightly tinted no matter what. This was almost ten years ago, maybe the technology has since improved.

I feel like I've posted this before for some reason.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
it pains to no end my cop buddy friends who have to deal with citizens believing they know the law better, don't have to do x/y/z, etc. in some cases i don't mind if people push back, in others people seem to be so fucking stupid and in the wrong it's amazing, and they even keep pushing their views as if talking more will help them win or as if it's reasonable to expect a cop to dedicate their day convincing them of something.

another cop buddy who eventually went to law school and also quit being a cop said cops don't know the law all that well really - which i don't find that surprising - it really doesn't matter though since the cop has a huge amount of leeway in being wrong, and you have almost none at all.

these idiots probably even think they are helping out the open carry movement, all they are doing is being examples of stupid as fuck citizens who are harming it though.

You would not believe the ignorance of a lot of police when it comes to citizen carry. It's weekly on my gun forum that someone is HARASSED by a officer for open carrying. Indiana is horrid for this cause the cops assume its conceal only when indeed the state claims silence on the issue. No where on our license does it state how a weapon shall be carried.

I have never had a problem and I've been caught in some rather weird situations, that if I was a cop, I woulda proceeded with more caution. Only issues I've had while open carrying was stupid ignorant citizens who don't even know their rights.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
They could have easily showed up without their weapons to file a complaint. But judging how they handled this, something tells me the original reason they were harassed by police was because they were being idiots while carrying in the first place.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
You would not believe the ignorance of a lot of police when it comes to citizen carry. It's weekly on my gun forum that someone is HARASSED by a officer for open carrying. Indiana is horrid for this cause the cops assume its conceal only when indeed the state claims silence on the issue. No where on our license does it state how a weapon shall be carried.

I have never had a problem and I've been caught in some rather weird situations, that if I was a cop, I woulda proceeded with more caution. Only issues I've had while open carrying was stupid ignorant citizens who don't even know their rights.

Do you blame them? There's been a war on cops recently. If I was a cop, I would do the same thing.

To me, open carry is pretty stupid unless you are out in the bush. It paints a target on you if a situation were to arise.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Maybe the PD needs a sign :s00ls:

220a89b74787d8f953bda75062a34b4a.jpg

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
and how does this affect you? are you open carrying? CC/OC, I dont care, as long as you are armed, if you want to be a sitting target, go for it. But dont tell anyone how they can/cant carry

I'm not telling anyone anything, so no need to get all offended. What I am saying is open carry is stupid. You lose the element of surprise, make yourself a target, and draw attention to you. CC IMO is a better option as it alleviates all of the above concerns.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info