Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Man, movie sites are SO salty Venom did well (its made over 800 million globally). I'm seeing articles pop up non stop once again shitting on it (likely b/c its coming out on bluray soon)....the movie was a ton of fun...not sure why these folks have such a hard on for trying to continue to shit on it.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Man, movie sites are SO salty Venom did well (its made over 800 million globally). I'm seeing articles pop up non stop once again shitting on it (likely b/c its coming out on bluray soon)....the movie was a ton of fun...not sure why these folks have such a hard on for trying to continue to shit on it.

i haven't seen and and am looking forward to doing so, although heard the reviews were poor (haven't read any myself though) - glad to hear you think it was good!

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
why do just about all Marvel aliens speak and have English names.

its-just-the-way-it-is.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Shocking no one. Sequel development is underway.

Venom Sequel Swings Into Development With Writer Kelly Marcel https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/n...ngs-into-development-with-writer-kelly-marcel

Oh dammit. This is just delaying the inevitable when Disney buys back exclusive right to Spidey and all his characters.

I saw it. Wasnt terrible, but does kinda shit on Venom's origin story a bit.

Shit all over the original Venom character as whole...

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
eddie brock was made to be more sympathetic than i was expecting. the symbiote was less murderous/more conversational than i was expecting and venom was overall lighter than i would have expected too. i'd probably enjoy an overall darker venom more, but i enjoyed the movie. the story overall wasn't particularly great although i am still surprised to see it do so poorly with critics on RT and not surprised audiences liked it a lot more than the critics would indicate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info