This is my parking space now

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
No different than the assholes who block spots on the street in the city with lawnchairs and cones. They think they own spots on the public street.

9 out of 10 times it's some asshole who barely speaks English too, entitled foreigner mentality.

When I was a kid we lived off 63rd about 3 blocks from the south wall of Midway. Lots of people, including my mom would shovel their cars out during the winter and put a chair where their car was. I get it, you spent about 20 minutes getting your car out. Only for some asshole to plow his car out of their spot and take your nice shoveled one.

Needless to say, once we saw someone down the block do that. (take the spot my mom and I cleared) We made sure they had to dig their car out, if they found it since only the roof was visible.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
When I was a kid we lived off 63rd about 3 blocks from the south wall of Midway. Lots of people, including my mom would shovel their cars out during the winter and put a chair where their car was. I get it, you spent about 20 minutes getting your car out. Only for some asshole to plow his car out of their spot and take your nice shoveled one.

Needless to say, once we saw someone down the block do that. (take the spot my mom and I cleared) We made sure they had to dig their car out, if they found it since only the roof was visible.

I get that too, and sympathize with people who work to clear a spot by their home. But still, it is a public road, and there's no "saving" spots on a public road.

I think the city just made a new law fining people who do this too, i may be wrong. Either that or they will throw away chairs or cones left on the street?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I get that too, and sympathize with people who work to clear a spot by their home. But still, it is a public road, and there's no "saving" spots on a public road.

I think the city just made a new law fining people who do this too, i may be wrong. Either that or they will throw away chairs or cones left on the street?

No idea. This was also the late 80s. LOL. Now you wont catch me living in the city limits if my life depended on it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Much like you I suppose, it it sad that I remember these commercials on TV?

I was 19 and I wanted her big time. That woman does it all. :smile:

If she had saved parking spots, too? Can't ask for more.

As far as shoveling parking spots, that should grant you X number of days owning it according to the city's bro code.

Foreigners? They think differently. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
judge me if you want....

I do that here in the city all the time.....if we're going downtown and I see a spot and im in the passenger seat and my driver cant do a U Turn...Im running out and claiming my spot....been doing since high school. Never had a issue. Maybe it's a city thing

Judge me if you want thats pretty douchy......:iorofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info