The usual end of the year thread....Plans for next season?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I normally wouldn't post this but Im moving soon anyways..

20120925_225706.jpg

Its almost done.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
any idea what your leaning towards turk?

Porsche Turbo, Porsche GT3-RS, Audi R8 V10, Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo.

Plan on buying around December 2013, what I choose is going to depend on my job situation at that point and the prices of these respective cars at that point. Right now I'm leaning towards the Audi R8 v10 due to the fact I think it will depreciate much more over the next year than the others listed.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
very nice choices turk. really can't go wrong with any of them. i will be adding headers and maybe some new shoes. thinking bbs, volks or hre.

Big money for wheels. See if VMR will fit on your car, I think they should. They have a VERY similar style to HRE for a fraction of the cost. Was running them on my M3 for over 2 years without any problems.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Big money for wheels. See if VMR will fit on your car, I think they should. They have a VERY similar style to HRE for a fraction of the cost. Was running them on my M3 for over 2 years without any problems.

will look into them but don't think they have my bolt battern. leaning towards volks either TE37 or Sl's. bbs and hre are pretty damn expensive is right.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Will be driving something like a civic all year to save up for sumting nice.

veyron.

I "should" be saving for a blower kit. I just cant stop looking at CAIs and other worthless parts in the mean time that will need to be removed anyway for when the blower kit arrives. So I have to keep telling myself that Im not going to do what I do with every other car and waste a ton of my cash. The car is not going anywhere, plus the weather will suck so there is no need for mods anyway at this point. So if I can get the cash together for spring, then I will just do the blower and say screw it. Maybe headers too, but we will see what king of numbers the LS3 makes without them and with just gutted cats for the flow. If its close to those header numbers, then I would just get the stainless and pretty magnaflow cat deletes and run with the stock manafolds. We will see. We have a baby coming in Feb, so I may not even be able to get the blower.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Going to be a busy winter.

Stereo to be put into the Z so I can hear it over wind noise.
compression check to see how well my first engine build has gone. If wrong, fix it.
Pull the motor fix the stupid rear main seal leak once and for all. Also the exhaust stud that decided to pop.
Fix the wideband, get her tuned in the spring.

Redo the whole suspension for better traction instead of being too low.
All new bushings for subframe and diff

Wishlist:
New front and rear bumper that just came out for the car.
New t top/door seals
Gauge setup for interior.
Cams if I can find a good deal.

Dream list:
Garrett GTX turbos (650-700hp on race gas yes please)

Then I guess I should learn to drive to see what I can do on one of these "straight" tracks with timing lights and such. Seems there are a lot of race cars around here.

Oh yeah and put the rear swaybar, brake pads, and sticky tires on the Mazda3 for autocross.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info