Go Go
my buddy saw this on 90 east tonight before 53

fQlrzim.jpg

those wheels look like aftermarket cheap chrome

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
No, I was trying to show [MENTION=10105]GTPpower[/MENTION] that there are quite a few issues with 2.3. Maybe not all, but some.

You just can't run high boost on an open deck. The head gasket issues with the Focus RS would have most likely been completely avoided if it was a closed deck and That 9 sec UPR car ran 9's because It was in a Gutted car, on Race gas, and a bunch of spray. The added timing from race gas and spay carried that car to that number. Impressive but not actually doable for any length of time as it threw a rod out of the block after a couple runs and now that car is on a big turbo and built closed deck block.

Now if they had an option for the 2.7 in the ranger... ohh fuck yes give me that.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
You just can't run high boost on an open deck. The head gasket issues with the Focus RS would have most likely been completely avoided if it was a closed deck and That 9 sec UPR car ran 9's because It was in a Gutted car, on Race gas, and a bunch of spray. The added timing from race gas and spay carried that car to that number. Impressive but not actually doable for any length of time as it threw a rod out of the block after a couple runs and now that car is on a big turbo and built closed deck block.

Now if they had an option for the 2.7 in the ranger... ohh fuck yes give me that.

Exactly what I've been trying to get across.

Also in for a Ranger ST with the 2.7T :nutz:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I don't even know what the hell we're talking about to be honest. :rofl:

stock open deck 2.3l block...
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6010-23T

same block but closed deck built block..
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/cache/ex_q90_w680_h_images_ePIM_original_ZZ3_LPP750098_bore.jpg

the open deck allowes for the top of the cylinders to shift around especially under high boost.

I'm just saying, I believe all ecoboost motors are open deck. So I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

The 2.7s are closed deck and run high boost to make the power 26+psi stock. 2.3's are open deck and stock do around 21-24psi depending on the car its in. 3.5's are open deck but those run low psi around 15psi and still rely on displacement a great deal for power over straight boost like the 2.3 and 2.7.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
stock open deck 2.3l block...
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6010-23T

same block but closed deck built block..
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/cache/ex_q90_w680_h_images_ePIM_original_ZZ3_LPP750098_bore.jpg

the open deck allowes for the top of the cylinders to shift around especially under high boost.

The 2.7s are closed deck and run high boost to make the power 26+psi stock. 2.3's are open deck and stock do around 21-24psi depending on the car its in. 3.5's are open deck but those run low psi around 15psi and still rely on displacement a great deal for power over straight boost like the 2.3 and 2.7.

The Gen 2 3.5's share their architecture with the 2.7, I'm assuming they're close deck now too, yeah?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]

Are we serious with only ONE fucking transmission and engine choice?!

For years, Ford said the N/A V-6 F-150 is perfectly adequate so they don't need a midsizer, and that the international Ranger was too big so there would be overlap with F-150 sales. Considering trends in gas prices and trucks sales, which grew in 2017 even as the entire market otherwise shrank, it sounds like they've gotten past that; Colorado/Canyon sales probably help too.

But, this is a carryover truck, which means it's already a few years outdated (2015/2016?). I'm sure they'll see how this truck performs and consider other engine/transmission options if there's demand, because this is a risky and costly move. I believe there's a planned Colorado redesign coming too, and, of course, the Ridgeline is newer and very good. I doubt Ford would update its Ranger quickly, but they could get caught out of the redesign cycle. Depends on how good the current Ranger is, of course.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
For years, Ford said the N/A V-6 F-150 is perfectly adequate so they don't need a midsizer, and that the international Ranger was too big so there would be overlap with F-150 sales. Considering trends in gas prices and trucks sales, which grew in 2017 even as the entire market otherwise shrank, it sounds like they've gotten past that; Colorado/Canyon sales probably help too.

But, this is a carryover truck, which means it's already a few years outdated (2015/2016?). I'm sure they'll see how this truck performs and consider other engine/transmission options if there's demand, because this is a risky and costly move. I believe there's a planned Colorado redesign coming too, and, of course, the Ridgeline is newer and very good. I doubt Ford would update its Ranger quickly, but they could get caught out of the redesign cycle. Depends on how good the current Ranger is, of course.

:nutz::nutz::nutz::nutz::nutz::nutz::nutz::nutz::nutz::nutz::nutz:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

:sad:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info