The Challenger Hellcat Demon is here: 0-60 2.3 seconds, 9.65@140

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The Demon owner is probably not that into drag racing. Probably his first car with any power. The fact he had slicks on the car and started doing doughnuts instead of a good burn out tells me a lot. It seems a lot of Demon owners can't even get their cars to work on the track. So is it something with the cars or the owners? hmmmm

I have no doubt hooking that car isn't easy on the street. But I have a feeling someone who is capable of figuring the car out can get it to hook before 80mph. Especially on a slick.

But ya, dumb comparison as anyone would have guessed the Tesla would hook and be gone.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
The Demon owner is probably not that into drag racing. Probably his first car with any power. The fact he had slicks on the car and started doing doughnuts instead of a good burn out tells me a lot. It seems a lot of Demon owners can't even get their cars to work on the track. So is it something with the cars or the owners? hmmmm

I have no doubt hooking that car isn't easy on the street. But I have a feeling someone who is capable of figuring the car out can get it to hook before 80mph. Especially on a slick.

But ya, dumb comparison as anyone would have guessed the Tesla would hook and be gone.
I tend to agree here. The demon driver seemed to think "driving" means "mash pedal to floor", no feathering of the pedal at all, no real control.
and god that ricer fly by after the tesla was already stopped...

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Put 90% of cars up against that P100D and they will all lose every time.

Watch the Tesla racing channel guys videos. Has street races where people who do know what they are doing race him. Big blocks, nitrous cars, proper burn outs, correct tires etc.

Kid destroys them all.

I’m allowed to enter the ultimate Tesla swing form now. I own one.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Tell that to McLaren. 800hp , RWD car and it gets 2.7 sec 0-60 on the street running regular street tires . My 1000hp Mustang had better traction on 18 inch Hoosier drag radials then Demon

Ask me how I know?

I raced a McLaren not by choice, but because I caught a light with him. Not only was there a gross HP difference 500 vs 750 RWHP but he took off and flew!

No joke on the street hahahaha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info