The 2017 Camaro ZL1 will do 200mph

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
it has more to do with the aerodynamics and gearing of your car than the weight.

both help tremendously. these new cars like the challenger, charger, camaro are so big and fat and heavy that its stupid how slow they go. hellcats go 12's at byron all day. fucking 12.1 over and over. its pathetic. why havent they lightened these junkers up. it annoys me.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
both help tremendously. these new cars like the challenger, charger, camaro are so big and fat and heavy that its stupid how slow they go. hellcats go 12's at byron all day. fucking 12.1 over and over. its pathetic. why havent they lightened these junkers up. it annoys me.

because people don't want to give up bluetooth, and suede, and cooled seats, and carplay, and blah blah blah blah blah oh and airbags and safety equipment.

all performance cars have their fair share of bad drivers. i've seen plenty c6 z06's stuck in the 12's or slower at GLD.

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
because people don't want to give up bluetooth, and suede, and cooled seats, and carplay, and blah blah blah blah blah oh and airbags and safety equipment.

all performance cars have their fair share of bad drivers. i've seen plenty c6 z06's stuck in the 12's or slower at GLD.

hellcats are auto. z06 is manual. it doesnt varry much driver to driver in a hellcat. the car would be 10's on street tires if they weighed 3,100-3,200lbs like earlier mustangs and corvettes and such. Its like driving a brick down the road lol

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008

They havn't lightend it up because dodge is still using a variant of the LX platform from over 10 years ago which is mostly Mercedes based.

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
the old ZL1 was 4100lbs

Holy fuck. that is just ridiculous. No reason they cant make it weigh 3,200ish. The Zr1 vette is also IRS, also has a heavy Blower ontop of a V8. They also have all the power options the new ZL1 has basically. Those cars arnt heavy. GM just needs to use a better lighter chassis to start for the camaro and use carbonfiber and aluminum more like they did on the vettes. Guess that comes with a cost but a ZL1 is stupid expensive already.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Holy fuck. that is just ridiculous. No reason they cant make it weigh 3,200ish. The Zr1 vette is also IRS, also has a heavy Blower ontop of a V8. They also have all the power options the new ZL1 has basically. Those cars arnt heavy. GM just needs to use a better lighter chassis to start for the camaro and use carbonfiber and aluminum more like they did on the vettes. Guess that comes with a cost but a ZL1 is stupid expensive already.

The vette is 3500lbs minimum. What makes you think they'll get a Camaro back to 3200lbs.

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
The vette is 3500lbs minimum. What makes you think they'll get a Camaro back to 3200lbs.

mines 3150. i weighed it. leather and all power options. They could realistically get a camaro to 3,200-3,300lbs if they really wanted but I don't think the engineers care about 1/4 mile times as much as advertised horsepower so it will never happen.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
mines 3150. i weighed it. leather and all power options. They could realistically get a camaro to 3,200-3,300lbs if they really wanted but I don't think the engineers care about 1/4 mile times as much as advertised horsepower so it will never happen.

But not the NEW Z06.

C7Z is 3500lbs+

A base C7 is 3,300lbs.

You are entirely ignoring the changing requirements for crash safety standards and how they impact how the body is made and what its made of. Crash safety is a huge reason why cars are heavier today than ever.

Some of it is amenities. But those technologies follow the same as computers. And computers have gotten nothing but lighter and smaller as time goes on. The hardware that drives a infotainment system is no heavier than a tablet now. The heaviest part of a the stereo is still the amp.

There is no way the Camaro is getting down to 3200lbs unless it undergoes a serious reduction its its dimensions.

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
But not the NEW Z06.

C7Z is 3500lbs+

A base C7 is 3,300lbs.

You are entirely ignoring the changing requirements for crash safety standards and how they impact how the body is made and what its made of. Crash safety is a huge reason why cars are heavier today than ever.

Some of it is amenities. But those technologies follow the same as computers. And computers have gotten nothing but lighter and smaller as time goes on. The hardware that drives a infotainment system is no heavier than a tablet now. The heaviest part of a the stereo is still the amp.

There is no way the Camaro is getting down to 3200lbs unless it undergoes a serious reduction its its dimensions.

I was unaware of new crash requirements that differ from 2007 to a 2017. I assumed they were the same.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info