SYNC 3 Update for 1st and 2nd gen vehicles.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Absolute dream. With the current options it's like a command center. Live dopplar radar, etc. Great on winter runs down I80. Just regular 5k mile oil changes and 10k fuel filters. DEF when it tells me it's below 1/2 (just fill up at OTR truck stops where it's available at the pump). Had the coolant tested once and it didn't need any additives at 50k. The oil pan gasket was replaced on the lower pan (can remove to do oil pump without removing anything else, cool design) and a new wastegate actuator was put on the eliminate compressor surge in TC lockup around 50mph. Other than that, all systems go. Still 100% stock, will be deleting within the next year.

Here's the weather screen.

12193645_10153744284769589_1556012829649263956_n.jpg

I80 Ice Rink coming home from Colorado

1915149_10153876744594589_6663984266700691200_n.jpg

Thats so cool. I always loved those Ford superdutys. They are like luxury cars.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
It is the worst. Came in my Fiances Fiesta.. Everything is like 4 button clicks to do and the bluetooth audio volume is so low. I don't have anything fancy in my mazda3 but at least it makes logical sense to use.

Looking at some chinese replacements that basically put an android tablet in place of that.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Well kids, the answer is in.

He's about 4.5hrs from the city & pricing varies by what he can bring units into his inventory for. Below is a link to current pricing on his site & I'll include a quote of his email/cell number below. Sounds like he's got some cheap, non-Nav Sync3 APIMs right now!

Sync3 Inventory: SYNC 3 Navigation or System Upgrade

Daniel

I am like 4.5 hours from Chicago.

My stock varies so as far as pricing goes it depends on when you would pull the trigger. I price stuff based on what I pay for it at the time…the cheaper I get it the cheaper I sell it.

I have some non-nav units right now that are not on the site….two will be rather inexpensive.

Jason
2013-2016 FORDPIMODS HOME PAGE
www.facebook.com/fordpimods
[email protected]
Phone/Text 715-997-1222

[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] [MENTION=11383]Tight Lines[/MENTION]

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Thats so cool. I always loved those Ford superdutys. They are like luxury cars.

Every premium model SD truck from the big 3 is nuts as far as offerings and amenities haha. They've come a long way.

Hell, go even further and say pretty much all trucks. I've made that exact comment Frank did long ago about my truck being a "command center" because you have so much available info to you from the Sync system not only for the truck but weather, radio, using your phone integrated with the Sync, etc. It's nuts and so awesome.

Well kids, the answer is in.

He's about 4.5hrs from the city & pricing varies by what he can bring units into his inventory for. Below is a link to current pricing on his site & I'll include a quote of his email/cell number below. Sounds like he's got some cheap, non-Nav Sync3 APIMs right now!

Sync3 Inventory: SYNC 3 Navigation or System Upgrade

[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] [MENTION=11383]Tight Lines[/MENTION]

:obama:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Hell, go even further and say pretty much all trucks. I've made that exact comment Frank did long ago about my truck being a "command center" because you have so much available info to you from the Sync system not only for the truck but weather, radio, using your phone integrated with the Sync, etc. It's nuts and so awesome.

:obama:

Yeah, I meant to include "all" premium trim trucks (1/2 ton to 1-ton), or, at least mid level and up... Between the heated/cooled seats, heated wheel, intuitive sync screen, brake controller with settings for multiple trailers able to be stored, mileage logs, etc... The truck does everything for me. Pair that with 400/800 horse/torque and the ability to pull a house through the mountains, it's quite the vehicle. Daily duty is a bit excessive, but, that's what the Tahoe is for.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Small fee as in? And whats with the SD card cant i just download to my android S7 and plug it in?

2016 Mustang 5.0running android 1.0 :fu: i was just bitching about not having andriod auto 2 weeks ago when i was in iowa and i called ford they said it wasnt available for my vehicle yet. seems there was an update last week or around the 18th no? :dunno:

either way i dont think im using the sync in my mustang to the best of its capabilities.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Small fee as in? And whats with the SD card cant i just download to my android S7 and plug it in?

2016 Mustang 5.0running android 1.0 :fu: i was just bitching about not having andriod auto 2 weeks ago when i was in iowa and i called ford they said it wasnt available for my vehicle yet. seems there was an update last week or around the 18th no? :dunno:

either way i dont think im using the sync in my mustang to the best of its capabilities.

Do you have Sync3 or MyFordTouch?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info