Stuck on the tarmac in Miami, aviation gurus come in

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Reminds me of when I was in Costa Rica last March. Flew a United flight into San Jose. Boarded a Nature Air 15ish passenger Twin Otter for a quick 15 min flight to Manuel Antonio. It was either a short flight or a 4 hour drive around mountains.

Pilots started the engines. One engine started just fine and the other didn't want to turn over. I thought to myself great we are stuck here until another plane arrives to take us. 20 min later the pilot told us we were waiting for departure clearance. This wasn't exactly a busy airport and we saw probably a half a dozen airliners take off with no actual line to take off. 20 min goes by. Pilot said we have an issue with a battery. Great well at least he is honest. Another 20 min goes by and some truck pulls up and they do something to the airplane. IDK if it needed a jump start or what but the pilot got both engines running.

We start to taxi to the runway. I'm thinking this shit is gonna go down in the jungle and we all are going to get eaten by sloths. Instead of taxing to the end of the runway the pilot just pulls into the runway about half way to the end throttles up and takes off. I'm like fuck these guys are crazy. As we approach the airport I see what looks like a half mile strip only about 25 feet wide in the jungle. I'm like we are landing there? :rofl:

Flight had no issues.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Can't be any worse than the puddle jumper I took from Providence to Newark as a connecting flight. Michael J Fox was piloting that motherfucker and I thought I was gonna die. Got off the plane some kind of green! I would have felt safer in the skydiving plane I was in, without seats and without a parachute!

I am going to guess you flew on a CRJ or a Embraer. Both at 50+ seats hardly a puddle jumper. The regional jets are a generally rougher flight because of the size nothing todo with the pilot.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I am going to guess you flew on a CRJ or a Embraer. Both at 50+ seats hardly a puddle jumper. The regional jets are a generally rougher flight because of the size nothing todo with the pilot.

404:jet not found. Props dude. Like a DCwhatever.

I did a small jet on the way home (something like 50-100 seats) and it was glass the fuck smooth. Would roll that way again.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
404:jet not found. Props dude. Like a DCwhatever.

I did a small jet on the way home (something like 50-100 seats) and it was glass the fuck smooth. Would roll that way again.

DC-3? You must be old as dirt!

140602112320-dc-3-1937-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

In all reality, I doubt you flew in anything with a DC in the name that had props on it. Even DC-7s (the last Douglas airliner with props) haven't flown commercially in 40-50 years.

You were likely in a Dash-8 or an ATR. Neither of which are really all that small and the turbulence you experienced had nothing to do with the pilot.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Yea, bad wording on my behalf.

This thing THEN was ancient. :D

Which actually was a shocker they were using that plane for such a small route (ATL to Baton Rouge), but they probably figured, well, shit it flies, just send it...

Looking back at Delta's fleet record, they only flew DC-10s from 1972-75 on lease from United and then again in 1987-88 when the acquired Western Airlines. You must have been on something else.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
DC-3? You must be old as dirt!

140602112320-dc-3-1937-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

In all reality, I doubt you flew in anything with a DC in the name that had props on it. Even DC-7s (the last Douglas airliner with props) haven't flown commercially in 40-50 years.

You were likely in a Dash-8 or an ATR. Neither of which are really all that small and the turbulence you experienced had nothing to do with the pilot.

he could have, dude is old as fuck. :jg:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info