So we are home. v.Disney $$$$

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Don't buy the 4-5 day passes. You don't save money. You can't even sell them if you don't use all the days. Don't fall for those free ticket scams unless you want to sit for 4 hours and get pressure sold to buy vacation packages.

This x10!

My GF and I stayed at a golf resort nearby that had a mix of hotel space and time shares. On the first day, we got harassed about sitting through a seminar to get discounted tickets to Disney world. We declined and were threatened to have a $50 charge tacked onto my credit card. I walked away and politely said any unauthorized charges on my credit card will be disputed. They left us alone after that. I also saw kiosks at shopping centers and other places offering discounts in exchange for vacation club packages. Definitely stay away from anything that says "vacation club".

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
"Happiest place on earth" my fucking dick. This place makes trillions and sucks the rest of us dry to enjoy the nightmare the OP describes. Seriously, no fucking alcohol in the magic kingdom? How the hell am I suppose to numb my asshole from the raping I just took financially to bring my family here. Fuck you Disney, im glad you didnt figure out my aquafina bottles were filled with titos vodka by the second day. For the third day I had a real vacation without an ass bleed relaxing by the pool. Ill never step foot near Disney ever again; for those who insist on going there and just have money to burn, I CANNOT give enough praise to https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-villages/overview. This resort was so economically priced, outstanding service, clean rooms, outdoor grills everywhere to cook, awesome pool, great restaurants, 10 minutes from Disney and will give you some relaxation at the end of the day. We were able to get a 2 bedroom with a pull out couch for 700 for the week.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you want to stay in the park, look for bargains. It's a LOT cheaper to stay at some properties than others.

As mentioned, it's MUCH cheaper to stay off site. More than pays for your car rental. Disney food is underwhelming and overpriced. Off site is better and cheaper. We only eat lunch at the park.

Off season has better deals if you don't mind the heat and potential rain showers.

My kids loved the waterpark enough to go there for their "optional" day. Worked out well because Amy and I got the chance to explore on our own and look at the boring "adult" stuff (as my kids would say). Only issue was a lifeguard hit on my 16 y.o. and I had to forbid her to go to a Florida party with him. I think she was just as happy inside that I didn't let her go.

I tell people Disney has dwarves at the final gate approach with scissors. They clip your pockets to get the last bit of loose change. :smile:

If you are worried about staying on a budget, set up an account with as much as you want to spend and only use that card. Buy a toy or two but don't buy something at every park.

Disney is a FUN trip but remember they are experts at separating people from their cash.

Florida residents get decent discounts.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I actually thought Trex was really good. VERY good compared to the other restaurant that is owned by the same company. Rain forest Cafe.
[MENTION=249]importcrew[/MENTION] , Im not saying the kids wont enjoy it. My wifes cousin took their 18 month old and said his face was amazing seeing everyone. They wont remember it. Pictures only go so far IMO. My daughter was 7 when we went and she had the same reaction, and can remember it now. Granted it was a little over 3 years ago, but she will remember it when she is older as well.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I actually thought Trex was really good. VERY good compared to the other restaurant that is owned by the same company. Rain forest Cafe.
[MENTION=249]importcrew[/MENTION] , Im not saying the kids wont enjoy it. My wifes cousin took their 18 month old and said his face was amazing seeing everyone. They wont remember it. Pictures only go so far IMO. My daughter was 7 when we went and she had the same reaction, and can remember it now. Granted it was a little over 3 years ago, but she will remember it when she is older as well.
It's just a matter of opinion when it comes to taking young kids. My wife and I will always remember our daughters happiness for sure. Plus we have been going there well before our daughter was born and we will continue to go well after as well. So for us, it didn't matter if we should or shouldn't have waited to take our daughter. As I've mentioned, we go ever 2-3 years. We just went the first week of this past December (great time to go), and we may possibly go again by the end of 2017 or beginning of 2018. Disney/Universal is just something we like doing as a family and we always have a blast. A few years ago when we last went, my wife and I ended up taking my wife's two oldest nieces and my wife's grandmother as well as my wife's younger brother and parents.

I actually enjoy it. A small vacation to get away from everyday life and do as a family.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Ya'll need to experience food and wine at Epcot, that can be a trip. Have a yearly thing going with the in laws, it's quite fun and in between stuffin yo face you can go on some of the rides or walk through stuff in the countries, it's a great balance.

thats what we have been doing the last two years.. food and wine fesitval.. literally trying food from all over the country... desserts.. beer.. full ALL day.

never over $100 for the both of us. WELL worth it

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
My biggest problem with Disney, mainly the magic kingdom, was it looked the same as when I was last there in 1996 as a kid. The condition of the park looked like it has never been touched since then either. Not dirty, but just old. You'd think with the billions in profits they take in, they could atleast update the rides with more fluid robotics and animatronics.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I went twice (apparantly) once when I was 4ish and then in 4th grade. I remember glimpses of a couple hotels we stayed at the 2nd time, Space Mountain, and some movie studio bus tour where I saw a parking lot of old movie cars, one of which was the Astro with all the solar panels on it from Honey I Blew Up the Kid :rofl: Otherwise, that's about it...

You know what else is annoying AF? Other than the asinine prices everything Disney related is down there...having people I know who are Disney members who jam Disney Disney Disney down your throat every time they go...or plan to go....or count down the days until they leave to go (ONLY 320 MORE DAYS TIL DISNEY OMGFAAAHHHHHHH)

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Wife and I went in September and did the wine and food festival at Epcot - And did all the big rides adults like.

We're going back again in March for a week, staying on resort. Our 2 and 3 year olds are coming along with my parents.

Looking forward to it and expecting to pay top price for everything.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
We had our family Christmas party over the weekend and discussed a family vacation with all the relatives, and Disney came up for some reason... I don't get why a bunch of adults with no kids would want to go wander around there?

Am I missing something?

It's freaking awesome dude. Seeing the operations and infrastructure to me alone is worth it. It's probably one of the only places that I've legit let my guard down completely in the last 10 years. So relaxing

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Haven't been to Disney in forever...actually before I can remember. Went to Universal when I was about 10 and then again when I was about 20 with my parents. No desire to go to Disney at all.

Actually amusement parks are not really my thing because I get really bad motion sickness. God damn Back to the Future ride...almost puked TWICE. Didn't learn my lesson the first time.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Space Center is a good one. We saw one of the last shuttle launches there last time we went. Even at 6 miles away (or whatever the distance was) it lit up the night sky, shook the ground, and you could feel the heat on your body. They still do rocket launches. There's one coming up soon.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
We had our family Christmas party over the weekend and discussed a family vacation with all the relatives, and Disney came up for some reason... I don't get why a bunch of adults with no kids would want to go wander around there?

Am I missing something?

It just not be your cup of tea. Which is fine. Others grew up with Disney and there are adult things to do. Im sure if I surprised my wife with a week at Disney with just us, she wouldnt mind if I just happened to also stock a brand new gun safe with some expensive toys that Ill have to bring home in my new truck. Anyone want to help me rob a bank? :rofl:

You know what else is annoying AF? Other than the asinine prices everything Disney related is down there...having people I know who are Disney members who jam Disney Disney Disney down your throat every time they go...or plan to go....or count down the days until they leave to go (ONLY 320 MORE DAYS TIL DISNEY OMGFAAAHHHHHHH)

THAT is annoying AF. I have someone that goes to Disney land AND Word once a year and talk about it and have a count down timer on their facebook. Needless to say, I blocked them from my feed to save some space.

My wife's cousin and her husband just took their 18 month old. I asked why, but whatever. Not my money. Yeah the pictures showed him having a good time, but it wont be worth it later IMO. She also commented daily about how many days until Disney, until I finally kinda lost it and commented about how I had zero idea she was going, and my comment had more likes than her status. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info