So my buddy just picked up an Evo X last night...

Grahamahama

Regular
Oct 13, 2008
Plainfield, IL
Real Name
Graham
I am telling you now, tell them not to mod that car. IF the transmission lasts more than 50k miles they're lucky, and it's at least a $5000 rebuild, and even that one will die. They're horrible cars. I think my friend's trans lasted about 12000 miles with bolt-on's and the built trans he paid for lasted about the same or so. It did make it through a track day, but he was only able to get about 6-8 laps before the car went into limp mode because the transmission overheats. Worry not, it's only $2500 to get a cooler for it to solve that issue. Tell them to trade that thing in and wash their hands of it ASAP.

Correction I had 30,000 miles on it when the clutches first went out on it. (Keep in mind I beat this living fuck out of the car. So they were hard miles.) It was $6k in trans repairs and upgrades. The trans only lasted 5,000 miles after the repairs were done. At that point, I traded it in.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Correction I had 30,000 miles on it when the clutches first went out on it. (Keep in mind I beat this living fuck out of the car. So they were hard miles.) It was $6k in trans repairs and upgrades. The trans only lasted 5,000 miles after the repairs were done. At that point, I traded it in.

Ahhh, I didn't think you put that many miles on the car. Crazy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info