Scat Pack Charger vs Chevy SS Sedan

which car you pickin'

• Total voters

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Also the 2016+ SS have the dual mode exhaust which is pretty cool. Touring is aggressive but not intrusive. Sport is much more aggressive, but still not really intrusive. I could definitely live with sport day to day.

Scats have active exhaust. Loud with sport mode and not as loud in normal mode. If you use the tazer mod, you can enable the SRT TRACK MODE which opens them up all the time and also gives you more aggressive throttle and shifting.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Scats have active exhaust. Loud with sport mode and not as loud in normal mode. If you use the tazer mod, you can enable the SRT TRACK MODE which opens them up all the time and also gives you more aggressive throttle and shifting.

:nice:

I like that ability...one reason I stopped putting exhausts on my car is because I couldn't stand the drone or BS on the highway. These mutlimode exhausts are teh awesome

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Also the 2016+ SS have the dual mode exhaust which is pretty cool. Touring is aggressive but not intrusive. Sport is much more aggressive, but still not really intrusive. I could definitely live with sport day to day.

I run mine on Performance all the time, so my valves are always open. Tour mode is too quiet IMO, but I think the valves open at WOT in Tour.... Can't remember really. Also the dampers seem too soft in Tour, Performance is still way comfortable so I'm not sure why I'd ever use Tour mode.

There's too much crackling and popping going on though IMO. Sometimes it's fun, but they really went all out with dumping that fuel. I think the volume and tone are good, there's no drone, but the crackling can get a bit insane.

I like the way the 392 sounds better.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Really? You think so?

Maybe starting with the 5th gen? Fox bodies all the way up past the 4th gens have always sounded better from the factory with the h-pipe versus the shitty y-pipe of the fbodies.

By several years I mean last 10 or so. Going back to the early SRT hemi cars and the late C5+ vettes into the 5th gen Camaro. Performance aside the 3v mustangs sounded pretty good with aftermarket exhaust, and the 4v is an all time great sounding V8, but I've felt Ford has been delivering their performance cars with far too conservative setups relative to their competitors

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
1378451903_pour-one-out-o.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This brings me to how this final version of the SS actually performs. This is not only the first test of the 2017 version, but it’s also the last test for the model. Man … I hate even typing out that part. Ahem. Zero to 60 mph happens in 4.7 seconds, quicker than the 2015 model we tested, which needed 4.8 seconds. The 2017 SS runs the quarter mile in 13.2 seconds at 108.9 mph. The 2015 model? 13.2 seconds at 109.2 mph. The 2017 version stops from 60 mph in 108 feet, compared to 110 feet for the 2015 car. The biggest difference between the two is on our figure-eight track. The 2015 Chevy SS took 25.0 seconds, which is quite a respectable time. But the new one gets it done in 24.7 seconds, the same as a 707-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat or a carbon-fiber-tubbed Alfa Romeo 4C. The aforementioned Giulia Quadrifoglio, just to give you some further perspective, runs the figure eight in 24.2 seconds. Max grip on the 2017 SS is 0.94 g, which is about the same as the 2015 model, at 0.95 g. That sort of discrepancy, as senior features editor Jason Cammisa is so fond of saying, is within the noise. I should also mention that the as-tested price of the Chevy is $49,520, and Chevy’s trying to blow them off dealer lots at the moment with massive 20 percent discounts. That’s less than $40,000. The Alfa? The one we loved cost $85,745. The big dogs, CTS-V, RS7, E63, and M5? They cost more than the Alfa, if not all costing six figures. Talk about bang for your buck!

:nutz:

Thread Info