daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
need to put together a 2/4 drop..
which is shackles and spring hanger in the rear, and either spring OR spindle in the front.

i im torn on doing a spring or a spindle. a coulple company even offers a redesigned lower control arm that would provide the 2" drop(they also offer a 3" drop version).
some reviews on the spindles claim certain 15" wheels rub when at lock... idk how one 15" wheel would rub, and another wouldnt?! maybe has to do with offset?

EXHAUST:
leave the manifolds and ypipe alone, and just build a "catback" w/ flowmaster/magi that either is dumpped at the axle, or a hidden tail pipe?
or
long tubes, custom cat-less ypipe, and again dumped or hidden tail?

lol does a stock TBI 350 sound like ASS when un-restricted? id hate for it to sound like a sycamore dirt track car.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Get under the truck and see if you can save the manifolds and such. My 95 has so much rust and corrosion on the factory headers and mid pipe that there was no way to save it. So you may find out you are forced to go the header route. If you can keep them on say keep the manifolds and simple cat back. I don't think this truck is going to require sounding rowdy to get attention. A simple slash cut tail pipe, sticking out a couple inches, on an downward angle would get my vote. Simple and clean. No 4" Chrome tip needed. If you do the cat back in stainless brush the pipe with steel wool and clear coat it.

I have never used the drop a arms. So I can't speak for that. Lowering springs are usually stiff and you lose the suspension travel. Causing the control arm bump stops to hit the frame. Killing ride quality. Plus they may require a shorter shock as well. A know kit, like the Belltown mentioned, might be your best bet if you decide to use lowering springs. Versus buying different companies parts peace meal. The spindle would be nice as you could keep the stock springs and shocks. Maybe the manufacturer can give you specs on the measurement from the mounting center point to the ball joint bottom? So you can measure out the wheels.

It is easy to spend money on these projects but if you want to resell it you might want to keep profits in mind.

Damn it all, I keep coming in this thread and wanting to buy one of these trucks. They look great when done. lol

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
holy shit this brings me back to high school. i used to do this every time i hopped in my dad's 95 burban. i thought the intake noise was so bad ass :bowrofl:

congrats, that's one MINTY truck :bowdown:

yup. i had a 91 k1500 in highschool myself. straight pipes, no cat, and flipped lid with like 4 degrees more timing. lol i thought it was the cats ass!!

no driving this thing around, im like woah, this damn thing is a pig, how the eff did i think my 91 was decently quick?! hahahah

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
My 94 had a 350 tbi with a lot of billet.. I bought the truck senior year like that though. It had a LOUD gear drive, so I made everyone believe it was supercharged :rofl: it had JBA shorty headers into a cat less glass pack dual out. Basic but fun. I ended up swapping in a g80, which was the best thing I ever did. It had the 3.42's as well.

JET chipped as well ;)

Thread Info