Roll call autobahn June 26th laps inc.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
yep agreed, the whole road is there so use it :run:

very easy concepts but just need to keep at it, the other thing coming to mind is I wasn't hitting the late apex's which I believe they almost all are on that track.

Definitely some are, but not all. Trusting brakes is hard to do get used to as well... but its huge.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Braking points are hard to learn. I would pick a corner you feel comfortable with the runoff and keep on working on moving your braking zone back another number. It should be a firm shorter vs braking from the 7 marker down to the 2. Most newer people brake a lot longer and softer vs more firmly and shorter. The heat difference between the 2 is huge along with time saved.

Looking past the apex and waiting long enough that you aren't apexing early. I had to remind myself of this last monday as I was fixating on the apex and hitting it early. Once I looked past it and to a spot on line with it I became much more consistent. I hit 3:12's (slow car problems) all 5 laps my last time out which I rarely do.

No coasting, if you aren't on the gas you should be firm on the brakes. Otherwise that is time lost.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
that HUD is nice. i had one in my e60 545i. before it i would have that pft i wouldn't pay for that, gimmick. after living with it, it was very cool. and since the brz, i forgot i ever even had a HUD until seeing your pic...

MOAR PICS PLEASE!

i posted a chunk on cpcs - https://www.facebook.com/groups/PetroleYUM/permalink/1263966010382270/

[MENTION=341]sickmint79[/MENTION] what HP are you running? Think he runs very consistent small groups in his 2.5X and I wasn't able to break my 3.01 at around 635hp to the tire :rofl:

excuse being 4 year old tires with 5-6 track day/heat cycles :io:

i can often get in a groove in a session and put up some really close times. although i'd prefer ever lowering times a lot more... i have e85, a header, and flex fuel tune, plus a bunch of other shit but i think that's the only part that matters. my estimate would be 240/250 flywheel, have never done a dyno.

a couple tweaks here and you probably pretty quickly get to a 2:50 and under. clean up a line here, brake harder there but don't slow down as much, get on the gas a bit earlier and you'll get down to it pretty quickly is what i would bet. sent you a bunch of pics and notes on the data although didn't dig super deep into how we took a particular turn.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
LoL I had a bad fan connector in my dual spal full shroud fan kit. Of course my temps were reaching their limits, if no shroud (like stock) at least I would have had air flow :rofl:

I actually knew about it and locked it in wrong using a cable tie this last install, not just locking male to female, it's grabbing above the connector on this rubber shrink to lock the wires into the male end. Either way, D3 sending replacement wire kit like I should have done when I first noticed it.

18be6cacd9fdb8821823f1d251ef0292.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info