RIP Toys R Us

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, even I couldn't get shit done.

We have our own employees who get treated like crap. My former Financial Analyst had her fridge (Kenmore) crap out right before thanksgiving last year, and it took 3 visits AFTER her telling them what was wrong and them always NOT having the part in the truck, that she finally got a new fridge. But all the story in-between was just utter frustration.

My boss had issues with his Crapsman lawn tractor and it took 3 or 4 visits to get it right.

Seriously, if this is how you treat your own employees...

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Yea, even I couldn't get shit done.

We have our own employees who get treated like crap. My former Financial Analyst had her fridge (Kenmore) crap out right before thanksgiving last year, and it took 3 visits AFTER her telling them what was wrong and them always NOT having the part in the truck, that she finally got a new fridge. But all the story in-between was just utter frustration.

My boss had issues with his Crapsman lawn tractor and it took 3 or 4 visits to get it right.

Seriously, if this is how you treat your own employees...

My mother-in-law had the same issue with her Samsung fridge. A couple things were wrong with it. A tech came out, looked at it and said he didn't have the part and left with a new schedule. Fridge was still leaking. A new tech came and fixed the leak but said he didn't have a part for the freezer since that was messing up and not keeping anything cold. She actually lost food because it didn't freeze and everything had to be thrown out. She bitched and complained about it, and they set up a new tech and sent her a $200 visa gift card for the lost food. The 3rd tech fixed the rest.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
At least she got comped more or less for the food. My Analyst didn't.

And it shouldn't take 3x to fix. First time, ok, you don't have the part. You note in the system what's wrong, what parts needed, schedule the part to be ordered and set up the follow up appointment. This isn't rocket science. The second tech should have the part, know whats wrong before they even walk in the door and R&R. There shouldn't be a 3rd trip.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I would also roll that into shitty customer service. Something I think we do well.

THIS is the last competitive advantage that brick and mortars have over e-tailers truly. I think that tax free shit will go bye bye with companies like Amazon having property everywhere and the political climate that will not weather it after a larger and larger portion of retail sales go away. That said, they will likely be beaten hard on price.

Oreilly is on my shit list as of now. I don't like some smug fucking punk telling me my alternator's bad due to the solenoid in it and acting like he knows more than I do. Alternators don't typically have solenoids, I have a fucking EET degree and have rebuilt my own alternators. I'll end up probably buying a lot more stuff from Rock Auto when I need it, provided it's not speed parts. Likely save a buncha bank too.

Can't believe you remember that! :lol:

But yes you are correct, had a gift card to Sharper Image and then got fucked when I couldn't use it.

Burning ours over the next few days. Probably making their problems worse funnily enough.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
XokaYWe.jpg

Granted, they ok'd it back in December.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
XokaYWe.jpg

Granted, they ok'd it back in December.

Probably based off Christmas sales or some shit like that. Then again, they probably also knew this was coming at some level. Wonder if anyone else did. Interestingly they were a private company so chances are they didn't have to say a lot to a lot of people about it either. A fare more dire picture would have emerged a lot sooner.

Everybody should be WAY more up in arms about stuff like this rather than people taking advantage of welfare in my opinion.

Actually, IMO wealthfare is really a subsidy to corporations in a lot of ways. Look at say Walmart or Mcdonalds.

here is your reward for bankrupting the company. Thats nothing new though, just biz as usual :bowrofl:

The ugly truth that people don't really like talking about is that a CEO's job is not protecting or helping employees. It is to promote and increase share holder value. Nothing more, nothing less. That said, increasing the viability of a company will usually be beneficial to employees at large.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Actually, IMO wealthfare is really a subsidy to corporations in a lot of ways. Look at say Walmart or Mcdonalds.

How is this wealthfare?

This is not a government tax break, it is the ruling for Toys R Us to be able to pay 17 execs a total of $16 million (potentially $32 million) for hitting holiday sales targets. These people were paid to drive the business sustainably, not hit some targets in Q4 that didn’t make financial sense.

So theses execs failed to make the business sustainable so we reward them in the short term to keep the company somewhat afloat?

I don’t agree with it. That money would be better off giving it to the people who run the day to day operations at the ground level. They aren’t the ones who failed and they would do better with the money than someone who already has a shitload of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info