RAM brake squeal - I can't take it no mo'

nordman-mg

Oct 11, 2012
My brother had 1998 Mercedes S420 and he put some cheap pads, they sure started squeaking, he asked what to do and I told him to get Better pads, few days later I took his car to go to work cuz mine was down, on the i94 close to DnTn fast moving traffic went to sudden dead stop, I pushed brakes and it kept going, I stepped on it and it was barely slowing down, ended up on the left shoulder and stopped after I passed third car on the right, coast me good nerve cells that day,
Turned out he sprayed his brakes with WD40,

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
i have a dust problem now with the pad on my chebby.
ill have to give these a shot. my silver wheels are turning grey.

Not sure of they are the same, but I put Duralast Max pads on my car and they are embarrassingly loud. They are almost as bad as how road race pads sound lol. I seized a caliper and destroyed the pads on the driver's side of my daily. I replaced the caliper and had no choice but to buy the only pads autozone had in stock for my car. They leave no noticeable dust on my wheels, but no matter what I do, I can't get them to quiet down. I'll be taking advantage of the lifetime warranty and returning them as soon as I find a few hours to swap to different pads.

s-l300.jpg

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
:rofl: we've had people come in to the bike shop after lubing their bike brakes with chain lube. They're not far off of the cost of auto brakes so costly mistakes for people.

like applied chain lube to bike rotors/pads? I recently lubed up my brake/shifting cables with chain lube and hopefully no way to leak down directly on rotors :rofl:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Not sure of they are the same, but I put Duralast Max pads on my car and they are embarrassingly loud. They are almost as bad as how road race pads sound lol. I seized a caliper and destroyed the pads on the driver's side of my daily. I replaced the caliper and had no choice but to buy the only pads autozone had in stock for my car. They leave no noticeable dust on my wheels, but no matter what I do, I can't get them to quiet down. I'll be taking advantage of the lifetime warranty and returning them as soon as I find a few hours to swap to different pads.

s-l300.jpg

I actually almost just bought those before I realized that the brakes on my truck are like new. It even says on the box "for exceptionally smooth, quiet stopping". :rofl:

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I actually almost just bought those before I realized that the brakes on my truck are like new. It even says on the box "for exceptionally smooth, quiet stopping". :rofl:

Maybe I just got unlucky lol. I'll be replacing them as soon as I can with Raybestos Element3 pads. I've used those on a handful of cars and they are always quiet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info