Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yup.

Wifey loves Raptors, so they offer a version with the body preinstalled.

Ordered from Tower Hobbies..

This place seems to have great prices on accesories: - The Barn Floor - Dirt Cheap RC

And Joel found this place for batteries and chargers: hobbyking

Also Hobbypartz is good for batteries. Hobbyking seems to have much more expensive shipping last time I thought about ordering from them.

GensAce is the best budget battery around so far, under-rated when it comes to discharge ratings. Never pay money for Max Amps batteries, utter crap.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Thanks for the tip!

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID
michaelscott.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Only thing I like about Nitro is the noise and that you can re-fill a tank in seconds. Everything else electric is better at. No tuning, just charge n' go. Sometimes tuning can be a nightmare, its certainly a nightmare if you want to play with the car for a bit after work and it hasn't been run in 2 or 3 months. Have to spend half a tank re-tuning it.

With my electrics now I just charge up a battery and go. Or, since LiPo gets stored at about 50% charge you can have a quick run without even charging them because they always have 50% or so charge. Which is usually enough to have a quick bit of fun before taking them back in.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I don't know why you people complain about tuning. It's so easy. Temp gun and a screw driver and 1 needle needs adjusting the majority of the time

A majority of the time yes, only the high speed should need adjusting. But nitro is alot more maintenance. My NeuCastle 1515 brushless motor is a sealed unit. I haven't touched it ever except for pinion changes.

If I put the LiPos into storage at the proper voltage, and dusted the car down I could put it into storage for a year then break it out and charge up the batteries and have it run the exact same way a year later. The performance is more consistent, the maintenance is practically nil for the motor system too.

Electric makes the hobby more fun for me. I get to play, and then put it away when I'm done without having to perform any maintenance aside from putting the LiPo's into storage if I'm not going to touch it for a week or more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info