People Who Are Way Too Into Karting Ruin Karting

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
We tested karts regularly and gridded them as such. Mainly for actual events but arrive and drive got them that way as well.

I'm talking karts that are within hundredths of each other during testing with 100lb difference in people.

I can tell you that K1 doesn't do that. There's a fairly large discrepancy between some karts there. Last time I was there I had a slow kart during the second session with worn tires and I could definitely tell it driving and my lap times were slower. I switched karts and my lap times were back to where I was before.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I can tell you that K1 doesn't do that. There's a fairly large discrepancy between some karts there. Last time I was there I had a slow kart during the second session with worn tires and I could definitely tell it driving and my lap times were slower. I switched karts and my lap times were back to where I was before.
Because they don't give a fuck. I never worked for k1, only Cir. It got real tough to maintain them the last few months in Addison because I couldn't actually buy anything but I tried like hell to keep them going all on my own.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
K1 isn't as fun as CIR

The D-bags that run K1 are the worst. Give zero fucks. I basically had to stop my kart in front of them, to tell them to turn up the karts, because he was too busy fucking around with his buddy. He rolled his eyes at me, and turned up the power for like the last 2 minutes. My then girlfriend was a little slower, and she was doing her best to stay out of people's way...some dude wrecked her trying a stupid pass, they yelled at her and turned down her kart even more, making her more of a hazard. She was pissssssed.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I'd like to see a slick track that's not an oval. And have carts with 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel brakes.

i have never done a slick track here so i don't know what they're like. i went to kart at one small place in thailand that had a slick track that was crazy slick, and i don't think they designed it that way, just ended up with it with the surface and tires they use. you could learn to drive it as the dude who worked there made me look like a joke but it was damn hard. it was fun but frustrating too.

the other slick track i did was at ferrari world in abu dhabi and it's stupid fun there. the track is just the right amount and you have to slide to get around fast. it's very controllable though. despite that, nubs and olds visiting come out of the pit and immediately crash all day long. meanwhile if you have any clue what you are doing, you're basically passing people sideways for the 2nd time in 5 minutes and getting your lolz on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info