Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
raw

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
No PANDA this next trip, so I've purchased a Garmin GPS unit that you can upload the trail system maps to and it'll allow you to navigate easily.

Not gonna lie. Having a navigating [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] on sled trips is nice. Going to hope this Garmin makes navigating easy enough! :x:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
UP is getting POUNDED. can't wait for next week's trip. Just locked in a Watersmeet cabin. Going to aim for a ride all the way to copper harbor and back again in a day!

Honestly id drive another hour and go somewhere that gets the lake effect. Watersmeet doesn't have that much much snow.

Prepare you body for that one. Probably a solid 250+ mile ride. Good luck :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
No PANDA this next trip, so I've purchased a Garmin GPS unit that you can upload the trail system maps to and it'll allow you to navigate easily.

Not gonna lie. Having a navigating [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] on sled trips is nice. Going to hope this Garmin makes navigating easy enough! :x:

Well that's kind of a waste of money. Trails are usually well marked and if not can reference the free Polaris Ride Command App on your phone. Or support local clubs by purchasing a trail map.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yeah, I'm looking forward to tinkering with it. My understanding is that I can take a pic of a club's trail map and overlay it onto the GPS's map so then all the trails and stops are visible. Should be cool if it works well.

There are also electronic maps you can purchase which give the ability to ask the GPS to navigate to a particular location that is snowmobile related.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info