Votes: 44 42.3%
  • PS4

Votes: 60 57.7%

• Total voters

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Units available doesnt = sales. M$ Surface is a perfect example. WiiU is another.

In this case I think it does. On the surface, both consoles are virtually identical and both are already sold out. It seems at this point demand is through the roof for both, so whichever one offers more units will have more sales, off the bat at least.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The 360 was always cheaper in this generation for the 2. It was a huge deal when it came to what console you bought. A base system was IIRC a $200 difference. Hell my brother in law, the biggest Xbox guy I know is buying a PS4 since it is cheaper and has all the same games he plays.

Money talks. Parents see $100 difference and will buy the cheaper of the 2.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Son of a fuck. Guess not.

The architecture of the chipset is PC based in the ps4 whereas the ps3 was much more proprietary hence why PC to ps3 conversions took more time and money and also the development of games was not as easy as the all familiar x86 architecture in the xbox360. There would need to be a crap ton of emulation to make backward compatibility work and given the complexity of the multicore processors in the ps3 it's not an easy feat.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yep, that means my ps3 will have to stay plugged in so I can play GTAV and GT6

Yeah, I just replaced the bluray drive in my ps3 cuz my old one finally gave up. I'm lucky enough to own one of the only models that IS backwards compatible with ps2 and ps1 games, so I plan to keep this thing running until it melts into a puddle and is no longer repairable.

Did anyone else preorder a day 1 of either console?

I've got a day 1 watchdogs ps4 reserved from amazon :bigthumb:

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Why make a big deal out of it? Probably b/c 80% of 360s overheated and died over the course of the consoles life :rofl:

More specifically, the thermal paste fails to transfer heat after a period of time causing the system to over heat. In the defense of the system nearly all the RROD systems were caked in dust. It was rare to get a system that only had light dust. There are a few exceptions though, some just plain die.

My point is that you could crank the fans to 100% and the system still could not cool itself properly because of the dud paste. The feature is only a plecibo. So this temperature monitor was really introduced with the slim 360. That system would actually notify you and shut off. To my knowledge that fat would not notify you BUT it does have a max temp and it will shut off when it reaches that temp.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Wanna make a bet? I bet by January 1st, xbox one has outsold PS4 by quite a bit.

Hint: MSoft is making 2 to 3 times more units available.

What kind of bet you looking for? I might be game.

Clearly, as you said, PS4 would be at a disadvantage right out of the bat because Xbox is making more units for the launch date. But, there are ALOT of Xboxers jumping ship and going for PS4. After the new year, and after more units are shipped out, i think PS4 will easily overtake Xbox.

I honestly don't see any way Xbox will win the war in the longrun, unless they have some unannounced ace up their sleeve.

Thread Info