Official "I had no idea thread"

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It is one of those exact same BS situations. There was some study done a while ago on a specific species of animal(can't remember which one) and they were a species that was very sensitive to metal poisoning to begin with. They were poisoned from aluminum and shit blew up about how aluminum is hurting us. Turns out there is zero evidence or support for that study to cross over to humans. Even people that have high exposure to aluminum like those that mine the stuff of drink tea all of the time show any evidence to support that aluminum claim. That entire idea is the definition of nonsense.

I guess my BS guard is likely down in this regard because my g-ma has it, and while i absolutely know it's genetic properties and understand that... i guess i illogically want something else in my brain to blame and stay away from.

such a terrible fucking disease.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
My grandpa had Dementia near the end of his run. not full blown Alzheimers but close.

"Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life. Memory loss is an example. Alzheimer's is the most common type of dementia."

there were times he would sit and stare at the corner and yell "at the guys working in the fields" he was born early 1910's and was a WI farmer, iv'e seen the farm house he was born in.

He would wave at the kid with no legs next to you, or the cat walking around his house. he had no pets.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
full blown alzheimers is mindfucking dude.

my g-ma has no idea who anyone is, she has no idea how to use silverwear, she has no idea who her children are, what state she is in, etc.

she got moved to a really nice facility in montana 4-5? years back from florida and had no idea what state it was back then basically.

to add insult to injury, she's totally physically healthy.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
full blown alzheimers is mindfucking dude.

my g-ma has no idea who anyone is, she has no idea how to use silverwear, she has no idea who her children are, what state she is in, etc.

she got moved to a really nice facility in montana 4-5? years back from florida and had no idea what state it was back then basically.

to add insult to injury, she's totally physically healthy.

I can’t imagine. there were good days, and bad days. and I'm sure the home we had him in didn't help much. he was on air all the time. there were times we would go in and his tank would either be empty, or they cranked up how much he could get because is o2 or Co2 levels were low (can’t remember which as it was so long ago). but the problem with that is when you give too much, it’s SO much worse than low levels, that is what causes low levels. me as a 12-13 year old had to YELL at the nurse that they were causing him to be how he was. good help comes at a cost though, and we couldn’t afford to put him in a good place.

or the nurse that didn’t want to come help him when he said he was in pain. the depends they put him in was crimping off the catheter tube backing it up.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I guess my BS guard is likely down in this regard because my g-ma has it, and while i absolutely know it's genetic properties and understand that... i guess i illogically want something else in my brain to blame and stay away from.

such a terrible fucking disease.

I am sorry to hear that man. It really is a shitty card to get dealt. Maybe one of these days they will finally figure something out with treatment or prevention.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I had no idea how much money a Taxi Medallion cost.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/27/nyregion/taxi-driver-suicide-nyc.html

I suppose this could also go in the Fuck thread too.

On a corner of 86th Street and East End Avenue in Manhattan on Sunday, three posters for a missing man were still hanging on a lamp post about a block from the East River.

That was where the police found the man’s parked taxicab, the biggest investment of his life. The man, Yu Mein Chow, had taken out a loan seven years ago to buy a $700,000 medallion that gave him the right to operate a cab.

Mr. Chow, 56, who lived in Queens and went by the nickname “Kenny,” disappeared on May 11. His body was found floating in the East River about nine miles south, near the Brooklyn Bridge, on Wednesday. Friends and family members believe Mr. Chow jumped to his death, adding to a string of apparent suicides of traditional taxi and livery drivers in the city. It marked the fifth suicide in just over five months. The medical examiner has not yet determined a cause of death.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id1Ayo-G4eU

I had no idea drunk kelly clarkson got on stage with steel panther ten years ago. :rofl:

had this shit happened now facebook moms and sjw's would be calling for steel panther's heads :rofl:
Steel panther was awesome live. Pretty entertaining and had the amazing ability to get girls to take their shirts off on stage :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info