• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Official how you know you're grown up thread

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I'm just saying I've had great luck with it for the ten past years living with the old mower. Did one plug and one oil change and I think a new blade.

Literally starts on the third pull after siting all winter.

For the 3 or so gallons I think I used a year, it was well worth it.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Came home from work yesterday just to do more work around the house. Laid down 20 bags of mulch. Need about another 20.

I had a landscaper put about 7 yards of dirt. Need somewhere around a other 4 or 5 to even out the backyard.
I feel ya there. That was my project last year. I think we had 14 to 16 dump trucks of dirt brought in. Thank God it was free lol

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
House is getting shingled weeked of the 18th then landscaping.

Yesturday when I told wife i wanted to get rid of all the river rock and block we have around the house she said she'd post it online for free and people would come get it.

Sure as shit 20ish people have messaged her to come get it and some is gone already.

Mind blown. People eat that shit right up and less work for me to do :fy:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I feel ya there. That was my project last year. I think we had 14 to 16 dump trucks of dirt brought in. Thank God it was free lol

The guy charged me for 5 yards to backfill the patio I did. He ended up leaving to get another few yards. I asked how many more yards of dirt I'll need to level out the swail in my backyard and he told me about 3 or 4. I say about 5 or 6. But for a few hundred....I'll let them do the work. Lol. Been planting flowers, trees, and bushes in my yard and laying down that mulch.

Another adult thing.....Property Taxes. Just got mine in today. Went down $50 compared to last year. The taxable rate went down.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Not sure how people shop there.

I despise their stores
HD? whyyyyyy????
i L O V E their return policy. i can literally return ANYTHING to them.

like menards too, but hate lowes.
+1 with HD. Sure the garden section is yuppy and lumber is shit but otherwise I love it. I've returned flooring that was like 4yrs old and they didn't bat an eye.

Answer us [MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION]

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The guy charged me for 5 yards to backfill the patio I did. He ended up leaving to get another few yards. I asked how many more yards of dirt I'll need to level out the swail in my backyard and he told me about 3 or 4. I say about 5 or 6. But for a few hundred....I'll let them do the work. Lol. Been planting flowers, trees, and bushes in my yard and laying down that mulch.

Another adult thing.....Property Taxes. Just got mine in today. Went down $50 compared to last year. The taxable rate went down.
How much it cost to level out the yard?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I think an important milestone in growing up is when you realize older adults than you aren't all competent, smart people. Sooner or later, "kids" will realize they should believe in themselves and what they think even when older people tell them they're wrong. Maybe the older people are right, maybe they're the morons.

Some people get this when they're 10. Others never learn. Took me until I was around 25.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
How much it cost to level out the yard?
Depends on how much dirt you need. My backyard has a swail and a low point for the water to drain to a manhole. Last July I poured a patio with a walkway that goes along the side of the house to the patio in the backyard. Since there is a big swail and to keep the patio leveled (with a 2% pitch), it created a drop-off on the patio. I paid the landscaper $400 to backfill 5 yards of dirt. It took them about 7 yards or more to do it and no additional charge.

I asked how much dirt to even out the swail, and the landscaper said it'd be about 4 more yards. My guess is more but he'll only charge for the 4. I will need to put some kind of drainage pipe to keep the water flowing to the manhole though and I'll be good.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
+1 with HD. Sure the garden section is yuppy and lumber is shit but otherwise I love it. I've returned flooring that was like 4yrs old and they didn't bat an eye.

Answer us [MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION]

We took the kids to HD. They do free kids projects first Saturday of the month. Today was a planter windmill, next month is a car. :fy:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
We took the kids to HD. They do free kids projects first Saturday of the month. Today was a planter windmill, next month is a car. :fy:
I did those when I was a kid lol
When I worked at HD many years back, I'd take each kit and build them for the hell of it. Lol. Now I do those with my daughter.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere

On that note, my property tax dropped $700. Talk about exciting adult stuff lol

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
House is getting shingled weeked of the 18th then landscaping.

Yesturday when I told wife i wanted to get rid of all the river rock and block we have around the house she said she'd post it online for free and people would come get it.

Sure as shit 20ish people have messaged her to come get it and some is gone already.

Mind blown. People eat that shit right up and less work for me to do :fy:

Same happened for us here for some retaining wall bricks.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Come home from guard drill and sure as shit people were already taking block and landscaping shit we listed for free.

If its not the concrete sidewalk from the side of the house to my back garage make it disappear!! 20180506_173239.jpg20180506_173228.jpg20180506_173218.jpg20180506_173122.jpg

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info