⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
But it's SOMETHING... Shit on it all you want but being vested in your team isn't a crime. 15 over with little changed at the deadline, a stocked farm system and a rehabbed stadium.. You're right..... How dare we be excited. Ps- enjoy your memories, I plan to do the same hopefully a couple times in the next decade.

That's my point entirely. It's just funny when Cubs fans tell Sox fans to get over something that happened a whopping 10 years ago yet are allowed to get excited about things that haven't even happened yet.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I had no idea sports could elicit so much genuinely angry feels from people.

The Cubs are a great team to watch this year. They're a young team making young mistakes but they're scrapping it out and everyone is contributing. That is fun to watch and it's fun to think about how good they will be with a couple more pieces and how long they have the potential to be good since everyone is so young.

If you can't look at the Cubs right now and admit they are a solid team with a lot of promise you're not a baseball fan. Admitting that the Cubs are good or that the Sox are good doesn't make you less of a fan for your team. The Cubs are a good team playing really fun to watch baseball. I give two shits about them specifically beating the Sox over any other team. I think the whole rivalry thing played out ten years ago. Nobody seems to care any more. I certainly don't.

I certainly started caring less after the Sox won the Series. The cross town rivalry was amazing in the late 90s.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
On paper both teams have a good squad. The Cubs are obviously a young group and have lots of potential but it seems like I hear that all too often. The Sox have tons of potential but just cant seem to put it together. I still go to Sox games every year regardless of a winning or losing record. Was at the game on Monday vs the Angels. I still enjoy the shit talking between us and the cubs fans, its all in fun.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
The Cubs/White Sox at the Cell this weekend should be good. They're both playing good lately. I'm glad it's at the Cell. I like the DH. Better in the AL. I also wish the NL would change over to the DH

GO CUBS!!!

The Cubs are red hot right now. They're very fun to watch

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Based on what exactly? 100 games into a season and absolutely nothing accomplished? And I'm grasping for straws. :rollpicard:

oh I don't know, the fact that they are IN a playoff spot right now by 4.5 games, 16 games over .500, have the 4th best record in the league right now, are playing totally lights out ball and just SWEPT 4 games from the defending WS champion Giants who are their closest competition for a playoff spot.

The Sox on the other hand are 1 game away from last place in their division, 4 games under .500, have 6 teams ahead of them in the wild card race all fighting for 2 spots and besides the last two games, have fared horribly against over .500 teams as of late.

Do you even watch baseball?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Plus the Cubs have a ridiculous core of young players that should be outstanding for years to come :dunno:

Once they move Castro in the off-season, slide Addison over to short (dude has got fucking range) and hopefully get Baez to actually start hitting the ball in the majors and throw him in at 2nd, they've got a pretty stacked infield, with the oldest guy being Rizzo, and he's only 26.

Cubs are missing another solid pitcher and some bullpen help, but once these younger guys have some experience under their belts, watch out.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
oh I don't know, the fact that they are IN a playoff spot right now by 4.5 games, 16 games over .500, have the 4th best record in the league right now, are playing totally lights out ball and just SWEPT 4 games from the defending WS champion Giants who are their closest competition for a playoff spot.

The Sox on the other hand are 1 game away from last place in their division, 4 games under .500, have 6 teams ahead of them in the wild card race all fighting for 2 spots and besides the last two games, have fared horribly against over .500 teams as of late.

Do you even watch baseball?

You do realize we just swept the Angels...... We also won the series against the amazing Cubs. I'm not saying that the sox are doing oh so great this year but they are far from a last place team.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
You do realize we just swept the Angels...... We also won the series against the amazing Cubs. I'm not saying that the sox are doing oh so great this year but they are far from a last place team.

Hard to shit on the Cubs now, they're the hottest team in baseball. Their offense really hasn't come alive until the last couple of months. Lester is finally pitching like we paid him to and Arrieta has been lights out. Sucks that the Cubs are in such a tough division...they'd be first place in every other division save the the AL Central. Cubs started off rocky this year, but have been a ton of fun to watch the past couple months

Thread Info