Nutrition rant

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I have lived close to the last 30 years 'on the road'.

If I get all my meals I eat 15 meals a week at restaurants. This sh!t WILL kill you.

I had an Aunt who was a traveling employee of 40+ years with United airlines. Best advice I ever got for nutrition - It is easier to deny yourself food than to work off the bullsh!t pounds gained by eating crap.
It is OK to feel hungry. Get used to it. If you are not losing weight in massive quantities then a little hunger pang is not only ok, it is PROPER,

'Skip a meal fatty'. That is the best advice I ever got.

I have grown used to hunger pangs and I also run 25# lighter (180 vs 205) than I used to. If you don't WANT to stop eating, I understand.
Two worst foods in my experiences are french fries and any drink with any form of corn syrup in it. Just dropping these two foods with not working out yeilded a 20 pound drop in one year for me.

Sometimes it is not so much what you do. it is what you DON'T do.

Agreed when it comes to crap food but I typically do not feel hungry even though I limit what my input is. I never really noticed in the past how I'd eat to "over full" and now I'm more attentive of it. I am also a person who's hard pressed to leave food if I'm full, and that's changed as well. I'm down almost 15lbs now in less than 2 months.

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
I've got to a point in losing weight and working out where I look good/feel good but need to get serious about nutrition if I want to lose these last 15lbs.

I've barely scratched the surface on learning about what to eat and it's already a cluster fuck. Articles contradicting eachother, blatant product pushing etc.

Today I wanted to grab a snack so I stopped at a gas station. *yea, red flag already* I walk past the candy bars and get to the "healthy" rack. These are basically candy bars with more protein. Cliff, MetRX, building bar, and all the others were complete garbage for you. 32g of protein proudly displayed in yellow bold font on the front but turn it over......350 calories, 45 grams of fat, 50+ carbs....complete shit.

They all had one thing in common too, you had to move the flap to read their nutritional info. I wonder why.

Ended up walking over to the jerky section, 110 calories , 2g of fat and 23g of protein. But a shitload of sodium which raises your blood pressure but I figured I'd drink 2 bottles of water to hopefully offset that. :rofl:

Skip the bullshit and try this.

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/sports-fitness-nutrition/154060-ketosis.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info