No Fly Zone Midwest - 1/2 Mile Racing - September 19th & 20th - Rantoul, IL

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Made 3 passes so far. 140mph for me in the Trans am. Not bad for stock Trans and gear. I'm happy so far

Apparently some people are saying the time system is showing slower than normal? Not sure what's going on. Some people with gps speedos in the cars are saying it's off

was this the best speed you ran?

:fy: 200 HP difference

and like 1400 lbs :rofl:

I thought this event was great!

Compared to the previous 1/2 mile events, I think the setup was far better. In the years past there was staging lanes and preferential treatment to certain cars in select staging lanes, often leading to waiting longer than you wanted.

This year it was run when you wanted to and there was never really a wait for any of the cars. Guys that wanted to take a break, make some adjustments, or fix something on their cars had the time to do so without forfeiting any runs. Guys that wanted to hot lap their cars did so. It created a really laid back atmosphere and allowed people to setup races with ease.

Being there watching really makes me want to setup my car to be able to fully participate in this race in the years to come! Thanks to Tony [MENTION=11939]FlyingGuy[/MENTION] & Omega Motorsport for bringing this event back out to Chicago!

:fy: :fy: :fy:

that's great to hear! :fy: wish i could have gone.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
No Fly Zone Midwest - 1/2 Mile Racing - September 19th & 20th - Rantoul, IL

was this the best speed you ran?

and like 1400 lbs :rofl:

that's great to hear! :fy: wish i could have gone.

Best speed through my A4 was 142 MPH on my final run I really pushed it. My goal was 150 but I quickly found out that wasn't possible I was crossing the line at 6400 RPM in 4th gear. So the car was pretty well maxed. I am very pleased for a little old cam f body

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Best speed through my A4 was 142 MPH on my final run I really pushed it. My goal was 150 but I quickly found out that wasn't possible I was crossing the line at 6400 RPM in 4th gear. So the car was pretty well maxed. I am very pleased for a little old cam f body

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh okay i was wonderin' what the deal was since my turdbox hit 140.

but then again, you probably got there much much quicker... and my car is geared to do like 372 mph

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh okay i was wonderin' what the deal was since my turdbox hit 140.

but then again, you probably got there much much quicker... and my car is geared to do like 372 mph

Yea possibly. I was starting around 40 mph to... Everyone else's videos seemed to show they were going from 60. Either way the car pretty much maxed itself.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yea possibly. I was starting around 40 mph to... Everyone else's videos seemed to show they were going from 60. Either way the car pretty much maxed itself.

When you say stock transmission, do you mean stock internal 4L60, or stock style, built 4L60. Everything I read says going into 4th gear at wot is a sure way to kill a stock internal 4L60.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
When you say stock transmission, do you mean stock internal 4L60, or stock style, built 4L60. Everything I read says going into 4th gear at wot is a sure way to kill a stock internal 4L60.

Bone stock 4L60 with a big tranny cooler and a stall. Its going to get replaced sometime soon anyway so I am just driving it out. Wasnt going to hold back at the event.

Its the little car that could. People have broken the rear ends with stock HP. I cut a 1.5 60 ft on my stock 10 bolt more than once as well.

Glad to see people had as much as I've experienced at these events. Tony, you and your staff do a great job! Really enjoyed getting to visit with everyone. Unfortunately didn't get to walk around and check out other cars as much as I usually do. Had to keep adjusting the tune and had a turbo oil drain keep vibrating loose. Thanks to the Kendall's for helping us out with that one.

As far as the race with the gtr, at my power level the e gear is very touchy. Will stall easily and can't just launch it now that I've changed the gears. So it hesitated off the line, going into second it started hesitating. Apparently when it hesitated it kicked me out of corsa mode and turned my traction control back on. By then he was gone. Asked if we could do a roll since I wouldn't have to worry about getting out of the hole quickly but his clutch was overheating. Sorry I couldn't give the crowd a good run with him.

Car did hit 221.? Sunday. 212 standing half mile. Still more left in the car but Texas invitational is two weeks away so didn't get carried away. Again thanks everyone for coming to say hi at the event. Really enjoyed meeting everyone.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Glad to see people had as much as I've experienced at these events. Tony, you and your staff do a great job! Really enjoyed getting to visit with everyone. Unfortunately didn't get to walk around and check out other cars as much as I usually do. Had to keep adjusting the tune and had a turbo oil drain keep vibrating loose. Thanks to the Kendall's for helping us out with that one.

As far as the race with the gtr, at my power level the e gear is very touchy. Will stall easily and can't just launch it now that I've changed the gears. So it hesitated off the line, going into second it started hesitating. Apparently when it hesitated it kicked me out of corsa mode and turned my traction control back on. By then he was gone. Asked if we could do a roll since I wouldn't have to worry about getting out of the hole quickly but his clutch was overheating. Sorry I couldn't give the crowd a good run with him.

Car did hit 221.? Sunday. 212 standing half mile. Still more left in the car but Texas invitational is two weeks away so didn't get carried away. Again thanks everyone for coming to say hi at the event. Really enjoyed meeting everyone.

You car was a rocket ship, looked awesome! :toast:

Thread Info