Nintendo announces the SNES Classic

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If they release a n64 classic, I might go insane.

N64 and Gamecube classics will have a grown Fish standing in line at 7PM. No easy way besides PC to emulate those.

From Walmart.com

Amazon sold out within 5 minutes. Best buy was the same. Tried walmart and both my brother-in-law and I got one. Sold out not to long after that though. Not sure if they're doing it in batches or what.

I didnt even know a pre order was announced. I know there were preorders in the UK, but that was the UK.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
N64 and Gamecube classics will have a grown Fish standing in line at 7PM. No easy way besides PC to emulate those.

I didnt even know a pre order was announced. I know there were preorders in the UK, but that was the UK.
Believe me, last I heard was that they weren't doing preorders. I didn't even know UK was doing them. My brother-in-law saw on twitter that preorders were up (within a 5 minute time frame from when he saw the post), and amazon and Best Buy were already out. My wife checked Walmart and we got one. Not even 10 minutes later, sold out.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I don't really notice a difference. Sometimes some setup is needed but emulators are not that different at all.

Most roms are fine, but there are roms and setups that will NOT ever be the same as the real equipment.

Super FX chips are a good example and usually a PITA depending on the setup and rom.

Plus it helps to have actually played and remembered what the real thing feels like.

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
Im not too crazy on the SNES mini. It has some good games, but no Chrono Trigger really makes me :tear: . Ill try once and if I dont get one, then I dont get one.

I just bought complete chrono trigger and secret of mana games for my snes rpg collection. This mini is worth it for just earthbound really. Complete earthbounds go for like $600+ on eBay, I think even just the cart goes for $150+

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Nintendo can get fucked w/ this shit they're pulling. They may as well just be handing them over to the scalpers.

I would have liked one of these just as a novelty item. Yes its just an overglorified emulator that I could build myself for much cheaper but I would have happily paid the price of admission for one nonetheless. But if nintendo doesnt want my money then fuck em.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Went on the GameStop app and they only had bundles (cheapest being $145), but kept erroring when I was checking out. Went to Target.com and they had the preorders in stock. Added to cart, went to create account, and as it went back to cart to check out, it said that it just sold out. WTF is that shit. They had it in stock and allowed me to add one in cart. But by creating a profile and going back to cart, it took mine off. I always thought they allowed an item to be counted in the cart for a short period of time. Fuck Target.

One of the main reasons I want an snes classic is for some of the games. I can buy a retro one and use the cartridges but I don't feel like paying $250+ for Earthbound.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Went on the GameStop app and they only had bundles (cheapest being $145), but kept erroring when I was checking out. Went to Target.com and they had the preorders in stock. Added to cart, went to create account, and as it went back to cart to check out, it said that it just sold out. WTF is that shit. They had it in stock and allowed me to add one in cart. But by creating a profile and going back to cart, it took mine off. I always thought they allowed an item to be counted in the cart for a short period of time. Fuck Target.

One of the main reasons I want an snes classic is for some of the games. I can buy a retro one and use the cartridges but I don't feel like paying $250+ for Earthbound.

Another great way to play these games I hear if you have a SNES is to get an everdrive.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Nintendo has announced it will extend availability of the SNES Mini/Classic Edition into 2018 for those in North America and Europe. That's a shift from its previous plans to only deliver the system until the end of 2017.

The announcement comes at a time when demand for the SNES Classic Mini is high, while supply remains low--at least for pre-orders. Nintendo acknowledged as much in a press release, saying today's news is "due to incredible demand" for the system. Those currently looking to purchase one are having extreme difficulty finding one in stores and online without paying an inflated price. Many retailers that have had the hardware available recently offered it in high-priced bundles.

Nintendo's confirmation that it will be available next year should assuage fears that people may not be able to get one, amidst the hype and constrained stock. It could also calm demand somewhat to make acquiring one more manageable. On launch day alone in the US, Nintendo said that "more units of Super NES Classic Edition will ship ... than were shipped of NES Classic Edition all last year, with subsequent shipments arriving in stores regularly."

On September 10, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime addressed concerns that stock of the SNES Classic Mini would continue to remain limited and, as such, price gouging would be an ongoing problem. According to Fils-Aime, Nintendo has "dramatically increased" production for SNES Classic stock. "I would strongly urge you not to over-bid on an SNES Classic on any of the auction sites ... You shouldn't [have to] pay more than $79.99," he said.

The SNES Classic goes on sale on September 29. There are 21 games in the package, including Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy III, and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, as well as the previous unreleased Star Fox 2. You can see a roundup of all the games here.

Alongside today's news about the SNES Classic, Nintendo announced that it will bring back the hard-to-find NES Classic. That system will return in North America and Europe next year.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-changes-snes-classic-mini-plans-supply-wi/1100-6453266/

IE, get fucked scalpers. In this thread and around the world. Hope everyone reads this and those $200 NES classics on eBay, facebook garage sale sites, and everywhere else sit there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info