New Lincoln Aviator

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
“Should the phone battery go dead, a backup passcode can be entered on the standard exterior keypad to gain access, then clients can start and proceed to drive the vehicle via the center touch screen. And, if the phone is lost or stolen, Phone as a Key can be easily deleted, providing additional peace of mind.”

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Yeah, let's not get ahead of ourselves :rofl: I swing Ford pretty hard, but let's get real here

The Navigator and Aviator to me show that Lincoln gets it. They've done a good job of differentiating the brand from Ford products and aren't simply copying the Germans like Cadillac.

I honestly have no skin in the game besides being a Ford swinger. Transparently, I wouldn't buy either brand and my next car will probably be German.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The Navigator and Aviator to me show that Lincoln gets it. They've done a good job of differentiating the brand from Ford products and aren't simply copying the Germans like Cadillac.

I honestly have no skin in the game besides being a Ford swinger. Transparently, I wouldn't buy either brand and my next car will probably be German.

To me, it has nothing to do with differentiating brands and copying or not, it's just about customer base and brand loyalty. GM just has the brand loyalty...their products are necessarily better or worse than Ford/Lincoln, but Lincoln especially just does not have the customer base to make a real run at GM right now, or even in a few year IMO.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Lincoln is on a roll with their SUV’s. This new design DNA looks great both inside and out. I wouldn’t doubt in a few years that Lincoln leapfrogs Caddy in sales with its SUV/CUV push.

Agreed GM can sit back on their "reputation" all they want. Keep laughing keep doing nothing while Ford/Lincoln keep closing the gap in GM. Eventually there wont be a gap. Besides just the Navigator and Aviator, if people havnt gone to check put a new Expedition aswell Id highly suggest it. Those are pretty damn impressive aswell.

After the Wash DC autoshow there were absolutely zero GM SUVs that impressed me nor their pickup.

Now the Ford SUVs and even the RAM pickup! :wackit::pedobear:

Go ahead like I said peoe can keep laughing and say well GM this or that. Watch more and more Fords will be showing up in your parking lots where ever you frequent, daily commutes, and in your neighborhoods.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
To me, it has nothing to do with differentiating brands and copying or not, it's just about customer base and brand loyalty. GM just has the brand loyalty...their products are necessarily better or worse than Ford/Lincoln, but Lincoln especially just does not have the customer base to make a real run at GM right now, or even in a few year IMO.

Cadillac doesn't have brand loyalty. That customer base is dying, literally and sales are slumping over the last few years, but to be fair Lincoln's sales seem to have plateaued.

I see some life left in Lincoln with the Navigator and Aviator. The product looks well executed.

The XT4 looks great too on the exterior. It's in my opinion one of Cadillac's best recent uses of their design language. The interior on the other hand I'm not a fan of.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Cadillac doesn't have brand loyalty. That customer base is dying, literally and sales are slumping over the last few years, but to be fair Lincoln's sales seem to have plateaued.

I see some life left in Lincoln with the Navigator and Aviator. The product looks well executed.

The XT4 looks great too on the exterior. It's in my opinion one of Cadillac's best recent uses of their design language. The interior on the other hand I'm not a fan of.

Cadillac actually has been strong...2017 was slightly down than 2014-2016, but they've started 2018 off strong. Even from 2010 they are up quite a bit. They absolutely do have brand loyalty.

Lincoln has been steadily increasing since 2014, but are still 30%+ less than Cadillac.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
My guess is this is a Lincolnized version of the Bronco?

Gotta be the same platform, no?

No. This rides on the CD6 platform. The Bronco is rumored to be on the global ranger platform.

The CD6 is their new car/CUV/SUV chassis that is capable of RWD, FWD, and AWD, but likely exclusively IRS and IFS, whereas the Bronco is at least SRA...not sure if it's IFS or SFA

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Cadillac actually has been strong...2017 was slightly down than 2014-2016, but they've started 2018 off strong. Even from 2010 they are up quite a bit. They absolutely do have brand loyalty.

Lincoln has been steadily increasing since 2014, but are still 30%+ less than Cadillac.

Cadillac sales were down last year by roughly 14K units. The last five years, the brand is down about 30K.

Cadillac's product renaissance hasn't really equated to market share. They also have a guy that I have zero confidence running the brand-de Nysschen. He's been there almost 4 years, so he's had his mark on product development.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
yeah but

China-Trump.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info