My Turbo LS1 Trans-Am build

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think I need to wrap my hotside again after seeing these pics. Esp since my darn coating just WONT stay on the piping, even after being recoated again last year. :picard:

Really? Shitty prep on them I guess. The DEI wrap looks good for only so long too. I have yet to see anyone who used the DEI paint on them. Not sure how it would look or last either.

Have fun wrapping every thing. Wear long sleeves, gloves and a mask. You will thank me. lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I painted mine, looks alright- lucky for me- you can't see most of my wrap.

i did the dei titanium wrap on my exhaust manifolds in a 1" width, because i have itsy bitsy manifolds... and then the normal good dei stuff on the cross over and downpipe... painted all of it. thepaint looks great at first but seems to get sucked up pretty good by the wrap and really lose its color.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Really? Shitty prep on them I guess. The DEI wrap looks good for only so long too. I have yet to see anyone who used the DEI paint on them. Not sure how it would look or last either.

Have fun wrapping every thing. Wear long sleeves, gloves and a mask. You will thank me. lol

I DEI wrapped my old cross over. It was easy... but I did wear gloves and a mask. Pretty straight forward.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I did my headers on my 06' grand prix with it and it sucked balls I got fiberglass all over in my arms, I just did all the hot side pipes for my 04' turbo stuff and just dropped the roll into a 5 gallon bucket of water, no itch and you can stretch it nice then when it drys it tightens up evean more, I havnt sprayed it yet but I have a can of the spray im gonna do that this weekend

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010

I was amazed how well the DEI wrap kept the hear out of the engine bay on my pipes! +1 on covering up, I had slivers for days.

Thread Info