My "new" purchase (s2000 content)

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
i personally did them the summer i bought the car. none of them were cracked, but i didn't want to drop a valve and grenade my engine on a track day :io:

images

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
If you can get a roller it's pretty easy. Just gotta keep the paint warm with a heat gun while you're rolling them. You're also going to need a camber kit up front to tuck the tire in a bit if you're running 255's all the way around.

Are you planning on tracking it? Cause they're fun, but they're a lot more fun out on the track. Set of brake pads, good brake fluid, and a helmet are all you need. I wish there were more s2000 folk on this forum.

I have a roller :D

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
[MENTION=10025]SLO G 63[/MENTION]. if you plan to track the car you need to look into doing the intake valve spring retainers/keepers. they're very weak, and if they crack and break you're going to have a very bad time. OEM honda ap2 retainers is the upgrade. because stock honda is best

SLO G 63

Platinum Account
May 2, 2012
I have a roller :D

Hey man thanks for the offer, I found one already though, going to be rolling it tomorrow

[MENTION=10025]SLO G 63[/MENTION]. if you plan to track the car you need to look into doing the intake valve spring retainers/keepers. they're very weak, and if they crack and break you're going to have a very bad time. OEM honda ap2 retainers is the upgrade. because stock honda is best

Yeah, 10Sec was telling me about it, just the intake side causes issues?

Read it was an over revving issues? I'm going to order a set soon.

thanks

when you guys relocated the rear bumper tab, did you just just cut the metal piece out or hammer it away like I've seen some others do?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Mine is cut out, I thought hammering it out of the way was a bit ghetto. Got some touch-up paint to protect the bare metal.

EDIT: For the retainers, both sides can crack and they can crack from over revving or just crack for no reason. People have found cracked ones on cars owned by older people that never beat on them. Not bad to only have to change those out on Hondas first crack at a reliable 9k rpm motor :rofl:

Thread Info