My Latest Exploration: The ruins of Summerwind Mansion

jshc77

Sep 9, 2014
I already have both a duplicate of the blue prints, and a original. Here is the link that proves that I am their owner Original Blueprints for Robert P Lamont Circa 1916 Summerwind Mansion | eBay

The other set you can go on the Summerwind website and see that they have been sold. I am their owner. Ray Von Bober/Ginger Hinshaw's brother son of Wolfgang/Raymond Von Bober Sr. sold me the blue prints. After that I sent a copy to Fox Valley Ghost Hunters who know the current owners out there. We are in the process of cleaning up the ruins for a possible future rebuild. And a tv station is coming out to interview my friend Craig and the owners about their plans for the property. We have a official facebook page, and a twitter account now. Come on and join in for every Summerwind supporter.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/379217925559059/

jshc77

Sep 9, 2014
Hey

It truly is a beautiful piece of property even with just the chimney's, foundation, and stone steps left from the property. But I do believe that if we can clear the property out, and do monthly events there we could get fund raising ideas to go towards the rebuild. If you join our group in the link above you can help contribute to the project. Right now it is hard for me to help directly being in PA, but I am the owner of the blue prints both the originals and a scanned copy. Raymond Von Bober the brother of Ginger Hinshaw is a very close friend of mine. The Hinshaw family and me are almost tied together. But October 4th a television station is coming out to interview the owners. Feel free to come out to the event sign the waiver, pay 15 bucks, and you can come down for a cookout. All proceeds to towards a rebuild fund for the property.

Come on down.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1469733019978857/

jshc77

Sep 9, 2014
I am pretty much a carbon copy of Ginger Hinshaw when she moved into Summerwind in 1969. Been told that by Ginger's brother Ray, and by her daughter April. Actually going to try to get a job in Northern Wisconsin so I can work with the current ruins owners with rebuilding the property. I think as a successor to Ginger and Ray her brother, I am very determined to help restore the Mansion to it's original form. But it will take many people to be able to accomplish this goal. I invite everyone that loves the Summerwind history to come to the event October 4th. It will be a rare opportunity to visit the property with permission, and for $50.00 people can stay on the grounds. It will be amazing experiences to see many important Summerwind supporters be there =).

jshc77

Sep 9, 2014
Hello Everyone, In May of 2014 I purchased two sets of the original blue prints of Summerwind from the brother of Ginger Hinshaw/Raymond H Von Bober. Who has become a personal friend of mine. In June of 2014, I made a post on the Summerwind Youtube.com channels and met a friend named Craig Nehring. Craig runs a paranormal research group called The Fox Valley Ghost Hunters, Craig knows the current owners of the Summerwind property. I mailed Mr. Nehring a set of the original blue prints to Summerwind, and we have created a facebook page that discusses our rebuilding of Summerwind Mansion. We recently made the Huffington post earlier this month. Here is the link to our restoration society page. Everyone should come out to the property for only $15.00 on October 30th. We are seeking funds to begin the rebuilding and resurrection of Summerwind Mansion. Which will be converted to a bed and breakfast. Here is the link

jshc77

Sep 9, 2014
Thanks guys, Right now me and Craig are just trying to get people together right now, start having events on the property for only $15.00's that will go towards the rebuilding of Summerwind, cleaning up the property to prepare for the future, and work on getting trust fund status =). We are generating ideas about a rebuild and making a new Summerwind Mansion 2 that would be the same as the original 1916 version on the outside, but modified for a bed and breakfast.

jshc77

Sep 9, 2014

jshc77

Sep 9, 2014
If you are interested me and the current owners of the property, the Fox Valley Ghost Hunters, and many more people nationwide are starting the process of creating a 501(c)(3) not for profit Summerwind Restoration Society as we are trying to rebuild Summerwind using the original 1916 blue prints which I purchased from the Hinshaw family. Right now we are in the early stages, but we are setting up benefits on the property, along with increasing our membership, and trying to obtain the funding to rebuild Summerwind. If your interested in joining us you can talk to us live by joining in the link below and tell everyone you know about the rebuilding plans =).

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I know all about this house and Jonathan Carver. He haunts my Great aunts house in Elgin and her cabbin off of West Bay Lake. I've seen $hit that could make a normal person go insane.

I could tell you so many stories your head will spin.

My second cousins took a frying pan (big misatake) from the house before it burned down in the early 80s. Things have always happened ever since. They tried returning the pan back to the house, but the night before they planned this the house got struck by lightning and burned down to what it looks like now.

jshc77

Sep 9, 2014
Rebuilding Summerwind Mansion

It is really cool to. I can pretty much go on the property anytime I want in a matter of seconds I could call the owners and obtain permission to see it, or just contact the founder of the Fox Valley Ghost Hunters who is close to the owners. I love the property, and see it as a major historical landmark once its rebuilt. A lot of people like to trespass take take something from the property such as a rock from the foundation and that usually results with bad luck. I really feel for the owners as the husband that purchased the property in 86 for his wife and then the mansion gets destroyed on June 19, 1988 and their dreams and everything down the tube. That is why I purchased the original blue prints from Raymond Von Bober, and contacted Craig Nehring. We want to be able to open up the property to the public, with the owners in charge of it, and the people that finance the rebuild have complete control of the new mansion. It will look just as it did when Lamont had it built in 1916 but with a modern interior. Once the 501 (c) (3) is in place, anybody that wants to donate to the Restoration Society will get a write off on our taxes. We are seeking many new members, with many different talents. Everyone please come and join the society, and lend your unique skill sets. Our next benefit is July 25, and anyone can come hang out at the property for as little as $15.00 bucks for the day or overnight for $50.00. These are completely open to the public. Here is the official webpage for anyone interested. www.facebook.com/groups/summerwindrestorationsociety

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info