My 2002 Camaro SS Update

Camarokid327

Fear of speed bumps but slowly getting over them.
Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
This makes my pants tight.

Mine will be soaked in piss when its on the dyno lol. Won't lie, I'm really concerned about the stock bottom end giving up on me. haha

So when can this car be seen in person? May need to wax first so the drool beads off.lol awesome ride!

It's a bit of a drive for me but I'm planning on going to Supercar Saturday in South Barrington on 6/4, so hopefully soon. I got drool repellent on hand, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 FTW! lol

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
How many miles are on the engine? What power level are you looking to achieve with this setup when it hits the dyno? With a good tune I would not be too worried about the bottom end. many have pushed the envelope very far with these cars.

It's approaching 70K but the car has never been to the track and is really just a weekend warrior street car.

I should be running ~7-8lbs with the current pulley (3.0") and was told I should see a 170-200whp increase with my current setup. (435-450whp N/A currently) That would put me in the 600-650whp range, hence why I'm nervous about the stock bottom end, even with me spraying a 50/50 of meth/water.

I fully trust Mike's tuning ability at Straightline but the thought of pushing that much HP on the stock bottom end really puckers up the butthole! haha If needed, I guess I can always increase the head unit pulley size and try to keep it in the 550-600whp range.

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Well, yesterday I took the car over to Straightline and let Mike do his thing. We did end up running into some belt slip on the top end, resulting in the lose of about 3lbs of boost, but I feel a Gates green belt will help eliminate the slippage.

Even with the belt slip, it ended up making great power and feels like a beast on the street :bigthumb:

Final #'s: 550whp/502wtq

Idle clip before tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNB4fo8mFkQ

On the rollers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOLiSm1_6Q4

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
7b41d2cfbd11235984d0e432e95e901b.jpg

So damn sexy!

The rims remind me of some of the 4th gen Berger Camaros.

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Well, I finally upgraded to a Tial Q 50mm bov (-6 spring) from the small black ProFlow surge valve that comes the Procharger kits. The Tial is MUCH louder now and man does it sound wicked!! Methanol Injection kit install and retune coming soon too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQBGUo--tY

Unfortunately, I ended up bending the lips on both my front wheels by hitting a pretty damn big uneven bump/gap while driving around the other weekend. :madfawk::cussing:

However, I was able to find a cool little spot to snap a few photos in West Dundee before messing up the wheels later that night.

Figured I'd share a few. These were taken with a shitty iphone 5, sorry.

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Awesome! I believe me and a buddy stopped and talked to you at the supercar Saturday in Bolingbrook a month or so ago...car is beautiful!

Would you mind sharing where you took those pics in West Dundee?

Thanks! I think I remember that, you mentioned someone had a turbo fbody as well, if I recall correctly.

It is the parking lot next to Veterans of Foreign Wars building. If you google map it you will see the public parking sign painted on the brick wall. Snapped a few in front of there, as well as behind the old building. I stumbled across it while trying to turn around and head back east down Higgins Rd.

I'm a sucker for car photos with old abandon factories/building or an urban decay like back drop. I would love to do a real photoshoot with my car at the Damen Silos. :bigthumb:

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Car looks great man! Sucks about the wheels. Maybe the wheelguy on here can hook you up on a fix?

Thanks man! I've already reached out and they said they can fix it, however, there would be obvious blemishes and discoloration (brown/black "burn like" marks) from the repair process that they would not be able to fix... unless I powdercoat it black or another color.

I've seen pics of another RT-S wheel they fixed and the blemishes/marring/discoloration from the process are much worse than one would think. I'm actually really turned off by how much the repair process kills the aesthetics/finish of a $600+ wheel, more so than the initial damage.

Beforehand, slightly bent lip with perfect finish...After, straight lip with marred up/dented outer lip and permanent black burn like spots on the finish. :rollseyes:

** I just want to clarify this is NOT by any means talking ill of them or their work! More just me pissed that something as small as a slightly bent lip can kill such an expensive wheel. Especially new wheels with only 300 or so miles on them and ones that I had to wait almost 2 months for to be built.

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Well, I was able to score a killer deal on a D1sc head unit with helical gears for the same price I paid for my current P1..which I thought was a steal as well! :hsughlol:

Now I'll be able to run a larger blower pulley (3.5") with the D1 and hopefully see the full 8psi. I'll be adding a 2.5" idler pulley off a Lexus sc400 to the J bracket as well for even more belt wrap. Hopefully this will solve my belt slip issue!

The D1sc came off a C6 so I had to crack that puppy open and move the "slinger" gear to the correct side.

Retune for the full 8-9psi and meth/water injection is on the books next weekend. Looking forward to seeing what it puts down and hoping my bottom end can stay alive for me to at least enjoy it this year.

Last bit of good news is that I found a shop that was able to straighten out the bent lips on both my front wheels. They came out great and the finish was unharmed!

Thread Info