Mr Turdbo?

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
I'm curious how the brakes will work now. My buddy's car can't brake boost without dragging through the starting line for whatever reason.

With the smaller Impala one and stock brakes up front it held mostly fine
with the "anti-lag" deal.... For my 1.5x 60 foots, I would launch at 10psi.

I just had to be standing on the pedal is all. What usually helped
was either getting to the line right after burnout while the vacuum was
still good.. pedal sucks in more. Otherwise i'd put in N and rev it up to
get it going and it would hold.

Hoping this one works just as good... Worse case vac pump i have may do double duty.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
He said that he had to pump it to get it to hold somewhat. But it still likes to drag through, even with the antilag setup. So do you sit at the line in neutral revving it to build vacuum up?

At the line, i would put in N and give it a a quick rev while standing on the brake... then put it back in drive.

I would be around 1-2* timing max. In some cases I was at 100% throttle
for a second or two before letting off the brake to go.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
14067566_10210021562999348_2205575415111116263_n_zpsyxztcvay.jpg

14055049_10210021562919346_723000376410494761_n_zpspn8tzwyu.jpg

VAC pump moved down to where battery use to be mounted. Since battery in trunk, opened up some room.

Then a VAC canister was put in where pump was.

Vac pump will be doing double duty it looks... on when the brakes are pushed. And on when over 1psi of boost.

Be interesting to see how it works out. Being done to insure there is no problem with the small brake booster.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah I was wondering why he wasn't going for the front bank pipe to loop up and over to the rear turbine flange with the rear header having the more straight shot at the front hole, that should equalize the secondary lengths quite nicely

x2 on mr Norris. I just emailed him last week and I forgot to ask.

he's been quite a bit of help for us

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
yeah I was wondering why he wasn't going for the front bank pipe to loop up and over to the rear turbine flange with the rear header having the more straight shot at the front hole, that should equalize the secondary lengths quite nicely

x2 on mr Norris. I just emailed him last week and I forgot to ask.

he's been quite a bit of help for us

He's been reading up on turbo pipe magic so wants to try some design changes.

Hopefully will knock that out very soon.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
talking to him on the phone is almost like calling a 1-900 number

Hah.. poor guy.

I was there about 5hrs or so.

Got quite a few phone calls during that time. Which appeared
to mostly if not all being people questioning him on things and
talking his ear off.

I am surprised he still has a phone # ... i'd gone strictly only online
contact. I am sure he wastes alot of time a day on the phone.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Me likey updates. Unfortunately, I would like to kindly ask you to please tell Dave he can't use this as a retirement project. I don't care how nice he is and how helpful he is, he's gotta get it done so we can have running car updates. Has he fixed the whipple car's transmission yet? I was curious what was hurt inside of it.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Me likey updates. Unfortunately, I would like to kindly ask you to please tell Dave he can't use this as a retirement project. I don't care how nice he is and how helpful he is, he's gotta get it done so we can have running car updates. Has he fixed the whipple car's transmission yet? I was curious what was hurt inside of it.

Hopefully he will be putting the hours now that the tracks are open here. I wanna race soooooon....

I forget where whipple trans is in his line up to do ... as far as I know, hasn't
been touched yet. Will be needing it soon...

Hurt wise inside, I'd assume not very much. Just the slipping sprag and
maybe typical clutch wear. But good time to get all refreshed anyways and
a few things that didnt exist in 2009 done like the sonnax piston and such.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info