Movies you remember being awesome long ago...

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
f8a56943f933b3b8f1beb23c4cc3015a.jpg

bc31499eb24d405b69334f971aa1d4e2.jpg

44af62a8c299c4b2467e680b9415fbf1.jpg

cdd20d0762eaacf63f062e74e13a5120.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Holy fuck, I was just going to start a thread on this......weird.

I actually recorded Marked For Death with Steven Seagal. Yes ACTUALLY RECORDED THAT HORRENDOUS MOVIE and holy shit is it fucking awful. I went to the theater to see this shit when I was in high school? WTF was I thinking?!?! "A former DEA agent retires to Chicago and comes across Screwface a Chicago drug lord". Chicago? Really? I have yet to see a single palm tree in downtown Chicago but there were plenty in the car chase scenes. The "special"effects were atrocious like the guy that gets his arm broken or cut off (whatever) and you can see it plain as day under his shirt when his back was turned toward the camera, the acting is ridiculous and the whole experience makes me think that I not only wasted my time watching the movie but the energy to hit a few buttons on the remote was a wasted endeavor as well. I'm just glad I studied aikido before I saw the movie, I'd hate to have to admit that I studied any form of martial arts because of a Steven Seagal movie.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Maximum Overdrive. It's about anything electrical/mechanical coming to life and wanting to kill humanity. A bunch of trucks come to life and hold Emilio Estavez (Emilioooooooo) hostage at a truck stop. Couldn't finish it when I tried watching it a few weeks ago lol.

Another one is "The Pest" with John liguizamo. It was hilarious at 12, now I want to throat punch him for being annoying.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Maximum Overdrive. It's about anything electrical/mechanical coming to life and wanting to kill humanity. A bunch of trucks come to life and hold Emilio Estavez (Emilioooooooo) hostage at a truck stop. Couldn't finish it when I tried watching it a few weeks ago lol.

Another one is "The Pest" with John liguizamo. It was hilarious at 12, now I want to throat punch him for being annoying.

Maximum Overdrive is yet another failed Stephen King book turned into a bad movie. It's based on a short story he wrote called Trucks which wasn't that bad but the movie sucks.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
large_bDLiyoxdK8mZHaeYVOxMZj7WGkb.jpg

I LOVED this movie as a kid. The opening scene with the elevator bomb was cool. I still enjoy the ridiculous plot but they could have done so much better, so many continuity errors throughout :rofl:. I thought the bus jumping the freeway scene was so badass... now its like... :bowrofl: not even remotely real looking. Sure it was the early 90s, CGI wasn't quite ready yet, but come on.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
large_bDLiyoxdK8mZHaeYVOxMZj7WGkb.jpg

I LOVED this movie as a kid. The opening scene with the elevator bomb was cool. I still enjoy the ridiculous plot but they could have done so much better, so many continuity errors throughout :rofl:. I thought the bus jumping the freeway scene was so badass... now its like... :bowrofl: not even remotely real looking. Sure it was the early 90s, CGI wasn't quite ready yet, but come on.

Its been a long time since i"ve seen speed. But I think I'm due to buy it on Bluray.

Harry Temple: All right, pop quiz. Airport, gunman with one hostage. He's using her for cover; he's almost to a plane. You're a hundred feet away... Jack?
Jack: Shoot the hostage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info