Minneapolis will fine you for putting too many cars in your own driveway

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I never understood people’s issues with street parking. What was the issue with him parking in the street?

The biggest things are things like were already mentioned, on top of which the way our driveways are staggered when he parks to the south of his driveway its a pain in the ass for my neighbor to back out, when he parks to the north its a pain for me to back out, the thing is a huge solid work van so people coming down the street cant see around it, etc...

It's also illegal to park in the street and illegal to block sidewalks during school hours, which he does both yet never seemed to get too many tickets. Or his work was paying them or something.

So then instead of clearing the shit out of his driveway he was asking all the neighbors if he could park in their driveways and move the van in the morning, etc...

If I'm being brutally honest, if he didn't have room for the work van I wouldn't mind, but when you have a broken down car, a boat that hasn't moved in years, and a truck that moves MAYBE once a month, it drives me nuts.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
the thing that bothers me is people not keeping up with their homes such as broken items left out front, grass cutting or no snow removal, broken mail boxes, homes needing paint , fallen fences, junk boats, trailers or junk cars in front of there home. problem is it makes the whole neighborhood look like crap and especially the neighbor right next door. People always say they want to live in unincorporated areas until they neighbor lives like Sanford and son

Yeah, there's two houses on my street that look pretty bad, and I wish they would do more but Streamwood is pretty lax about that stuff. I don't want to be the neighborhood snitch about that shit but for the love of God clean up your fucking yards. :bowrofl:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I have a hard time letting some county/city tell me what I can or cannot do to or on my property. You guys are wanting them to control the neighbors but if they came and tried to control you , you would be bitching up a storm. I wouldn't like to look at it but for e, its his property, and he can do what he wants.

Now when I was house hunting did a neighbors yard deter me away from the look of it? Yes on one occasion. But it was literally trash everywhere. Not a car in the driveway sitting for a while.

My current neighbor has his snowmobiles in his yard parked where ever. I dont give a shit. I dont look over there and its not my business.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
If my yard was so bad that the city had to say something then I would welcome it.

Im not planning on selling anytime soon, but if I were to finish the house and try to sell I would guarantee I would lose some buyers because of that. The house right next door had to be rented out because it wouldn't sell, I don't think that was the deciding factor but I'm sure it didn't help.

Between looking at their shit hole in front of my house and the asshole behind me with his dump of a back yard, it's just getting irritating.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Ok what if you didnt have the nice shed and needed to put the garden tractor outside and the city came by and said it needs to be stored? Then what? keep getting a ticket a day till you get rid of it or find a place? At what point does it go overboard for both sides?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Pretty straight forward, the mower would have to go into the garage. There’s a difference between storing a lawn tractor in your backyard and having your yard a trash pile.... Again, my house is a dump too, but I’m at least trying to make it not the shittiest dump on the block. If your car is so broken that it’s sitting on flats and you bought a new car to replace it, get rid of the pile of shit.

d646efb04315c48cf34402016946d717.jpg

That’s the guy behind me. Yes I needed to pull weeds too, but that shit is ridiculous. It’s not just a lawn tractor with no shed.... A six foot fence isn’t even going to cover that shit up.

I think we need a new thread with "post your shitty neighbors" now.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
For one the plows can’t effectivly do their jobs and when the snow sits on the street for a long time it turns into a block of ice.

Second, my neighbors constantly park in front of my house instead of their own for some reason and block my mailbox. We are big users of amazon and also get prescriptions through the mail.... you know how much it sucks to have to go to the post office 2x a week just to get your mail?

What I dont understand is why not park in that magical room attached to your house specifically designed for housing vehicles? How in the actual fuck to people decide to keep worthless junk in their garage and go outside and brush snow off their cars every day and sit in an icy brick for 20 minutes before driving off?

I would take the air out of there tires if they kept parking in front of my house

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Ok what if you didnt have the nice shed and needed to put the garden tractor outside and the city came by and said it needs to be stored? Then what? keep getting a ticket a day till you get rid of it or find a place? At what point does it go overboard for both sides?

U can buy a plastic shed for a few hundred or maybe even a used on the cheap

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Pretty straight forward, the mower would have to go into the garage. There’s a difference between storing a lawn tractor in your backyard and having your yard a trash pile.... Again, my house is a dump too, but I’m at least trying to make it not the shittiest dump on the block. If your car is so broken that it’s sitting on flats and you bought a new car to replace it, get rid of the pile of shit.

d646efb04315c48cf34402016946d717.jpg

That’s the guy behind me. Yes I needed to pull weeds too, but that shit is ridiculous. It’s not just a lawn tractor with no shed.... A six foot fence isn’t even going to cover that shit up.

I think we need a new thread with "post your shitty neighbors" now.

Well said about the old car and tractor

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
For one the plows can’t effectivly do their jobs and when the snow sits on the street for a long time it turns into a block of ice.

Second, my neighbors constantly park in front of my house instead of their own for some reason and block my mailbox. We are big users of amazon and also get prescriptions through the mail.... you know how much it sucks to have to go to the post office 2x a week just to get your mail?

What I dont understand is why not park in that magical room attached to your house specifically designed for housing vehicles? How in the actual fuck to people decide to keep worthless junk in their garage and go outside and brush snow off their cars every day and sit in an icy brick for 20 minutes before driving off?

So not on snow days and in front of their own house, is there any issues?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I have a hard time letting some county/city tell me what I can or cannot do to or on my property. You guys are wanting them to control the neighbors but if they came and tried to control you , you would be bitching up a storm. I wouldn't like to look at it but for e, its his property, and he can do what he wants.

Now when I was house hunting did a neighbors yard deter me away from the look of it? Yes on one occasion. But it was literally trash everywhere. Not a car in the driveway sitting for a while.

My current neighbor has his snowmobiles in his yard parked where ever. I dont give a shit. I dont look over there and its not my business.

Its their property and they can do whatever they want, until they have no more room and start parking in front of YOUR house like Stink Star is experiencing. Sure, you might not care, but I sure as hell would. Why cant I park in front of my house if I want cause some asshole has a shit show in their garage and drive way. No thanks.

If you are actively trying to accommodate, then thats one thing. Leaving things sit for years and having an IDGAF attitude gets you tickets to shitty neighbors out to get you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info