Milwaukee is now burning

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yes sir. I do understand the differences in the cases. The Wisconsin riots are based off of an actual crime and people seem to have misdirected their anger. Might have been the wrong thread to bring my soapbox to.

You mentioned how this is a "lawful land"

And you'd be right again. I think that this country's very roots and history make it just as much a part of what it is today as anything else. Our land was expanded on the idea of "an open frontier, a wild unknown expanse" where guns were as much a part of everyday life as any other survival tool. If you look at a lot of mainland Europe, you will find ancient castles still on the horizon today. During Europe's formation, the castle was the symbol of ones safety, ones home. When your loyalty and your existential well being was firmly within the boundaries of your stone walls. And those castles are still there, it is a cultural norm woven into Western European culture. What I'm getting at is that I believe the same about America and firearms. Guns to the American mind mean safety. Guns mean "no matter what, I am an American with the very right to stand my ground against whatever shall threaten myself and my family". It is ingrained into our very culture and ethos. Even without a frontier to domesticate, American gun ownership continues to grow. And as someone who's been called a liberal, I don't think they should be restricted. Is the wording subject to some scrutiny? Sure. But right or wrong, those rights were bestowed to us by our forefathers and defended with the blood of her children. To take that right away would be a slap in the face to all of those men and women.

Glad we agree on the first part.

As for the guns - I don't disagree with you that they sometimes give people a false sense of security. However, those that train with their firearms and stay alert have a much better chance than those without a firearm if a life threatening situation happened to them. However, I do not believe the topic of firearm ownership is what this thread was discussing...

Question I'd have for you if it was the topic : do you feel that America should ensure that slap in the face to have our gun rights removed? I see you say that they should not be restricted... But it feels like there's still some piece of your thought process that might like to see them removed from the situation. But if they were, how would that improve the situation when most guns used in crimes are illegally possessed anyway?

In any event, thanks for bringing your perspective to the conversation. I think it's healthy to give voice to and consider everyone's thoughts on these things.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
If the house and senate are not republican controlled. I have very little doubt it would be difficult for her to get it done. Besides the executive orders some assholes gave the potus aren't helping anyone

Honestly she doesn't have to get a single law through congress, or sign a single law at the federal level. The Supreme Court appointments flipping on Heller/gutting it are more than enough. With some of the stuff brewing in the courts in places like CA, MA, NY and NJ it would be more than enough to fuck people over. The strategy isn't only to ban guns, but to ban gun owners by making it as difficult as possible to get into it.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Honestly she doesn't have to get a single law through congress, or sign a single law at the federal level. The Supreme Court appointments flipping on Heller/gutting it are more than enough. With some of the stuff brewing in the courts in places like CA, MA, NY and NJ it would be more than enough to fuck people over. The strategy isn't only to ban guns, but to ban gun owners by making it as difficult as possible to get into it.

If shit like this keeps happening, YES

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/17/us-flags-called-liability-ordered-removed-from-new-york-fire-trucks.html

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The BLM group will never get any traction when you have knuckleheads like this guy giving interviews. This guy is exactly who I think makes up the majority of the BLM movement. The stupidity coming out of their mouths does not help their case in the least. Of course neither does burning down and looting your neighborhood when a criminal gets shot. No one can see them as a legitimate group because they have poor representation.

Has it ever officially come out that the cop that shot the guy was black? I’ve never seen an article that confirmed it. Has any media released the identity of the police officer yet?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info