Michael Jordan VS Lebron James Debate

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
There is no debate. LeBron should be compared to people like Bird and Dr. J. Not Mike.

I don't know that you can even compare him to those guys. Some guys at work were talking about Bird the other day and were pulling up old highlights of his. He was a fucking stud and money on clutch shots. Played when the league was way more physical as well.

I think if Lebron had come up in that era he would be better. He would've had to be. Unfortunately now he has to do what the NBA allows. The way they have changed the game makes it no fun to be a fan anymore.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Anyone that seriously tries to justify James and Jordan are in the same convo is an idiot who knows nothing about the game. I like how everyone freaking out about him averaging a triple double this series... Well ya if you play 45 minutes a game and have the ball in your hands 80% of the time you probably should have some decent numbers lol.

He's likely the best athlete as mentioned to ever play the game all-around, but there is a lot more to it than just physical. Dude just freight trains to the rim with his forearm out but when he's dribbling bat the top of the key and Nate Robinson puts a pinky on him it's like he just got tasered

My last straw with him for respect was lost last night when he said he never played on a any super teams... LMAO

Dude constructs one in Miami and then hand picks the Cleveland team management down and they spend like the most money on a team ever

Where were Jordan's excuses? Yea he never had any

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't know that you can even compare him to those guys. Some guys at work were talking about Bird the other day and were pulling up old highlights of his. He was a fucking stud and money on clutch shots. Played when the league was way more physical as well.

I think if Lebron had come up in that era he would be better. He would've had to be. Unfortunately now he has to do what the NBA allows. The way they have changed the game makes it no fun to be a fan anymore.

I'm talking purely from a position and style of play viewpoint. And really, he has similar accolades than those 2 guys. He's a great player, no doubt. Probably the best of his era. But not even close to the real 23.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Lebron and Larry Bird? Bitch please. Lebron can't play a game without crying about something, Larry? Shit was too easy, he decided to play the first half of a game with his left hand. FUCK Lebron and every person that let's him act like such a little bitch.

When you're as great as Larry Bird, you need to challenge yourself. Even if that means playing a majority of the game left-handed. Bill Walton remembers a time when Bird unleashed some incredible trash-talk in the direction of him and his Portland Trail Blazers teammates. ā€œAt the end of one of the trips,ā€ Walton said, ā€œHe had accomplished every goal, we hadnā€™t lost a game on the trip and Larry told all of us players and the media too, we were all standing around waiting to leave, he said, 'Tomorrow nightā€™s the last game of the trip, Iā€™m going to play this one left-handed, at least through three quarters.'ā€

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Poor Craig Ehlo, lol.
God Damn I can honestly say I remember watching the game on probably 40 out of the 50 plays. #6 has to be in top #3 imo. He shook Starks and Oakley, then dunked on Ewing.
Pippens dunk on Ewing is also one of my all time favorites...iirc Pippen looked at Spike Lee and told him to sit the fuck down after the dunk, lol

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Poor Craig Ehlo, lol.
God Damn I can honestly say I remember watching the game on probably 40 out of the 50 plays. #6 has to be in top #3 imo. He shook Starks and Oakley, then dunked on Ewing.
Pippens dunk on Ewing is also one of my all time favorites...iirc Pippen looked at Spike Lee and told him to sit the fuck down after the dunk, lol

That play is my favorite Jordan highlight hands down. Always has been and always will be. Given how the Knicks played him and the rivalry that existed there...it just shows how determined and good he really was. Starks and Oakley were fantastic defenders and he made them just look silly.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
God, I remember so many of those... It was his artistry, his hang time that allowed all his moves mid-air, his quick hands, and his ability to go over, through, around anyone, anywhere, anytime. If that tongue was out, you were scorched. These are all things LBJ DOES NOT have. Yea, he can power slam it, but after that, he's a mere mortal compared to MJ.

I kinda had an idea what would be in the top 5, I was NOT disappointed.

I think Craig still has nightmares about Jordan.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
No one seems to factor in that Jordan had to go thru those pain in the ass Detroit teams to get to and thru the playoffs. Put Lebron against Bill Laimbeer and those Piston defenses and Lebron would be beaten to a pulp, he wouldn't have a chance to flop, he'd literally be getting beaten up. I doubt Lebron could even stop Isiah Thomas, or Joe Dumars let alone slow down Jordan. Get to the championship and face Barkley and the Suns (not a great example but they had a damn good defense). Hell, put Rodman on a team facing Lebron and you can remove almost all of Lebrons points in the paint and that's if Rodman even lets Lebron get the ball The current NBA is a watered down snowflake version of what it once was and it's geared towards ramping up the scoring to try to sell tickets again because attendance is down. Granted comparing current teams to teams from the 90's is like comparing an apple to a cactus, they are completely different but I seriously doubt any current team would do well against even the fourth place defensive team from 1990-1996. Remember, Jordan had to get thru those same teams. The current NBA is mildly entertaining, meaning if there is nothing else on and I don't need a nap I MIGHT watch it until I fall asleep. The NBA in the Jordan era was a fucking event you planned your day around.
Lebron is big, powerful and talented but he lacks the finesse that Jordan had. To say Lebron can take over a game is true but he doesn't dominate and demoralize teams the way Jordan did and Jordan did with the highest level of skill, finesse, power and grace that's ever been seen in just about any sport. Plus Lebron cries to the media about someone talking trash when Jordan was allegedly one of the biggest trash talkers there was at the time. Jordan could talk trash because he could back it up and if you tried to give it back he'd blow right past you, Lebron can talk all he wants but he can't take what he's dishing out. Don't get me wrong, I like Lebron as a player and even more as a person because of everything he does for the community and charities off the court but there is no way he's better or even tied for the crown that Jordan has. He should stop all the comparisons and just flat out say he doesn't want to be the next Jordan and that he wants to stake his own claim and be the first Lebron James.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info