Marine products reviews and recommendations.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Mold Armor instant mold and mildew stain remover

6ab9c5ee-ecbc-48b3-bc6c-2f241fa6046a_1000.jpg

This stuff is bottled magic. Literally spray it on and that's it. Mold stains GONE. Works great at home in the shower too. Beware as it does contain bleach and will damage things bleach would damage. used it on my boat headliner extensively with good results. There are a couple spots it did make the fabric brittle though. Mind you this is a 23yr old boat and original fabric.

this stuff is awesome for a small bump here.

any recommendations on heavy oxidation remover?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Buffing compound, wizards turbo cut is pretty good for over the counter compound, they have a finishing compound also, I use a different compound for pretty much everything but have never been able to find it online I get it from springbrook marina I'll see if I can find a bottle, most of the time very heavy oxidation needs wetsanded to look minty new again

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I saw a recommendation on this thread for 303 aerospace products. I purchased the vinyl cleaner and protectant. I am really happy with how the product works. I had a leaf blow onto fresh interior, got wet and sat in the sun. This usually spells disaster fornit to bleed into interior. Luckily I had already applied the protectant spray, spray the cleaner and wiped clean with a microfiber towel.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
this stuff is awesome for a small bump here.

any recommendations on heavy oxidation remover?

Here you go this is the best buffing compound over ever used its greasy so it's nearly impossible to burn paint and gel with it but it cuts to 600grit and works up to 3000+ I've been exclusively using this since '05 ish

http://www.autoprodetailproducts.com/product/HT440

I've never ordered if online but it seems like a decent price

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
applied with a buffer right?

Yeah makita high speed work it first about 2300 with a white wool pad then finish with the buffer maxed out, switch to a yellow pad and keep the buffer on the highest setting use less compound and buff till there is no residue, the harder you push the faster the cut, like I said almost impossible to burn gel with this, you can't feel any grit in the compound it cuts off heat so don't be afraid to push hard, on the final pass with the yellow pad you should be barley pushing to get a high gloss finish

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Need to get rid of hard water spots... bad. Is the best thing 50/50 water vinegar?

on your panels?

50/50 water vinegar is more of an immediate thing imo... go out, boat gets splashed, come back, water/vinegar it, and wipe down quick.... water ski guys have been doin' it for decades.

to clean your panels... i'd just get a quick detailer spray.

will work much better since it's painted metal.

i've used this with ridiculously good results on my dad's.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...VqB1rYThIesk7apbpf9t4aAh7V8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I found a great cheap Vinyl cleaner a month or so ago.

https://www.dollartree.com/20-oz-Totally-Awesome-Cleaner/p8056/index.pro

Totally Awesome is a cheap cleaner that works amazing. It takes dirt, grime, oils, etc. off vinyl.

My technique for cleaning the vinyl seating was:

1. Spray Totally Awesome 100% strength on a small section of vinyl and let it sit for 60-90 seconds.
2. Use a soft bristle scrub brush and use some light pressure.
3. Using a bucket and wash mitt, rinse the area and dry with a towel.
4. Let it dry and move on the next section.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 on the next section and then come back and apply a vinyl protectant. I used 303 and was very please. No greasiness, but just a nice natural sheen when dried. Much better the Meguiars and 3M vinyl products that I've used in the past.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XBCURW/?tag=tcg21-20

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
nah, he's just really interested in boating things he says.

ps [MENTION=12096]CobraSki03[/MENTION], the oasis- no go for boating there still you think?

If you do go, stay to the slips south of the caution tape, ur good there. I don't recommend trying to navigate around the caution tape and bouys. Get the fried pickles!!! They are awesome. When you headed up??

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If you do go, stay to the slips south of the caution tape, ur good there. I don't recommend trying to navigate around the caution tape and bouys. Get the fried pickles!!! They are awesome. When you headed up??

I was considering going last night, I'm just hesitant to try to go there... i sent them a message on FB asking about their piers, and they didn't answer, and I didn't see this in time last night. ill have to give it a shot.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
What stuff are you looking for I can recommend brands based off what your wanting to do with the boat
My hull needs a buff and wax in the worst was. I cleaned it up with some pretty harsh shit last year as it was filthy and full of algae. It has almost no shin above the water line. I need to put the name decal on the back and was thinking about buying a rotary from harbor freight and going to down then hand waxing it. Any suggestions on a good single stage cutter and hand wax? My wife thinks I should have it detailed and concentrate on getting the work in the cabin done. Am I biting off too much?

Thread Info