Man charged with attacking woman on Prairie Path in Wheaton

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just to play devils advocate here...

"Attacking Women" is a LITTLE vague, Did he just like run up on them and like grope them, and then run away? The articles don't really clarify what happen, just that 'the victim fended him off' basically and he ran.

I mean, its not like Women don't ever over-dramatize things......

Just from the outside, read just this:

"That’s when Grover approached from behind and grabbed her, police said.

The woman got away unharmed, and Grover ran away toward Churchill and Peter Roads, police said."

Did he try and stab her, did he pull a gun on her, did he say "Im gonna kill you"?

It doesn't say any of those things, just says "He grabbed her, then ran away".

Make no mistake, WHATEVER he did was unwarranted, just saying I'm curious what actually happened. Wheaton is KNOWN for being an exceptionally safe area, which is why a media outlet may blow things out of proportion further...

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

"Attacking Women" is a LITTLE vague, Did he just like run up on them and like grope them, and then run away? The articles don't really clarify what happen, just that 'the victim fended him off' basically and he ran.

The woman got away unharmed, and Grover ran away toward Churchill and Peter Roads, police said."

Did he try and stab her, did he pull a gun on her, did he say "Im gonna kill you"?

Make no mistake, WHATEVER he did was unwarranted, just saying I'm curious what actually happened. Wheaton is KNOWN for being an exceptionally safe area, which is why a media outlet may blow things out of proportion further...

When confronted with details of a similar incident investigated by the sheriff’s office in September, Grover also confessed to the attack, police said. Charges for the 2016 incident are pending the results of DNA testing.

If there is DNA evidence it seems like he crossed a pretty serious line.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If there is DNA evidence it seems like he crossed a pretty serious line.

DNA evidence could be something as simple as hair that maybe a woman tore off his head trying to stop him from running away. You'd think if it was something more serious such as a rape accusation that the news outlet would have straight up said so.

I'm just saying this all seems a little sensationalist, and I'd like to see the full story once its all over.

*Edit*

Found an article from the September 2016 'attack'

"She saw him on the path stretching," said Cpl. Frank Bibbiano, DuPage Co. Sheriff's Dept. "He grabbed her."

The victim's screams alerted neighbors, and she was able to fend off the would-be attacker. "

Just more sensationalism from what I can see, I still haven't really read anything that has an especially nefarious connotation to it.

Seriously, if I slapped the ass of a jogger on the prairie path of someone who actually lives in Wheaton, I'm sure they'd call the cops and say I was a rapist. The dude does look like a bit of a chauvinist if you had to judge a book by its cover.

I'm curious how this pans out, for him to willingly come forward about the September 'attack' also makes me think this may be blown out of proportion.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I mean...going on a jogging path and grabbing women is pretty damn creepy, even if "that's all" it ends up being. I'd hope he'd go to jail for that!

Make no mistake; I agree that it'd be creepy as fuck, I'm just saying that I suspect/feel like this is being blown out of proportion because of our town being known as a safe/quaint little town.

My brother in law was mugged 2 years ago here in Wheaton, and it was front page news for the township, and it involved the local PD and the sheriffs for basically a man-hunt to find all those involved.

Wheaton does NOT fuck around with things that may be daily occurrences in other areas.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
DNA evidence could be something as simple as hair that maybe a woman tore off his head trying to stop him from running away. You'd think if it was something more serious such as a rape accusation that the news outlet would have straight up said so.

I'm just saying this all seems a little sensationalist, and I'd like to see the full story once its all over.

*Edit*

Found an article from the September 2016 'attack'

"She saw him on the path stretching," said Cpl. Frank Bibbiano, DuPage Co. Sheriff's Dept. "He grabbed her."

The victim's screams alerted neighbors, and she was able to fend off the would-be attacker. "

Just more sensationalism from what I can see, I still haven't really read anything that has an especially nefarious connotation to it.

Seriously, if I slapped the ass of a jogger on the prairie path of someone who actually lives in Wheaton, I'm sure they'd call the cops and say I was a rapist. The dude does look like a bit of a chauvinist if you had to judge a book by its cover.

I'm curious how this pans out, for him to willingly come forward about the September 'attack' also makes me think this may be blown out of proportion.

I don't know Das. One would say dudes like this are just working up to something bigger. Maybe trying to get his courage up to go full blown idiot. Anyway he definitely has some big time mental issues. From what reports say he is not just ass grabbing. He is being charged with restraining a person. Which means he was purposely restricting her from moving. Devils advocate is fine. But something wrong with ole boy.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I don't know Das. One would say dudes like this are just working up to something bigger. Maybe trying to get his courage up to go full blown idiot. Anyway he definitely has some big time mental issues. From what reports say he is not just ass grabbing. He is being charged with restraining a person. Which means he was purposely restricting her from moving. Devils advocate is fine. But something wrong with ole boy.

I don't doubt something was wrong with the dude, I just hate that there has been SO MUCH 'sensationalist' news lately.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I hear the guy was an ISIL recruit, had 7 lbs of C4 strapped to his chest and was wielding a 10" machete all while yelling Allahu Akbar so she called the cops. He then spit on her and thus they matched his DNA obvi. Then he ran down the path on his regular morning jaunt.

But more than likely it was bob down the street in Under Armour clothes and slapped her ass, so Wheaton called in 3 choppers, all officers on duty, a tactical unit and even asked Winfield and Carol Stream to respond with assistance.

#Bizarre #Sweeton #bothlikely

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

If some random dude came up and grabbed your wife from behind and she ran away unharmed, that would be ok in your eyes?

Cause it is not ok in mine.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Everyone has some kind of connection to some shitty people.

Too bad the women weren't concealed carry holders!

Agreed but in the heat of the moment you would have to trust she would hold fire the SECOND he turns to flee or shes going away for a long time herself. If she had any marks from him grabbing her, of course that's proof of the assault, but the second he turns to flee, its a separate crime for her to gun him down. That would be my worry in a shitty state like this.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

If some random dude came up and grabbed your wife from behind and she ran away unharmed, that would be ok in your eyes?

Cause it is not ok in mine.

Like I already said; absolutely not saying its OK, and if it happened to my wife (and was actually assaulted), he'd probably be dead with a .45 slug in him... So I'm not worried about it :bowrofl:. Key words "I feared for my life".

I'm just saddened that due to how the news outlets portrayed/worded these articles it makes him sound like a rapist; while he may have just been a prick playing grab ass....

Neither are OK, just pointing out that its a sign of the times.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I hear the guy was an ISIL recruit, had 7 lbs of C4 strapped to his chest and was wielding a 10" machete all while yelling Allahu Akbar so she called the cops. He then spit on her and thus they matched his DNA obvi. Then he ran down the path on his regular morning jaunt.

But more than likely it was bob down the street in Under Armour clothes and slapped her ass, so Wheaton called in 3 choppers, all officers on duty, a tactical unit and even asked Winfield and Carol Stream to respond with assistance.

#Bizarre #Sweeton #bothlikely

THIS, Exactly.

Fucking Wheaton suburbanite mom was probably so confused with getting more action from an ass grab of a stranger than she had in the past decade that she assumed it was rape...

So again; REALLY curious what this guy actually came forward with and said.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Damn Daily Herald. I think it's after 5 clicks on links per month, they put the little "subscribe now" header up. You used to be able to scroll still and see behind it, but it looks like they fixed that.

Anyway, my point is, I can't read the article.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I feel like this sentence is really light. Out in 1.5 years on good behavior to then rape some woman or even kill someone.

Considering the fact that he's still under investigation for other offenses, I completely agree. As long as the other cases are seen through and the previous conviction he's serving now is taken into consideration, its highly probable that he'll get more time compounded on top of his current sentence.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
He will be out in probably 2 months or less. As soon as he gets his 6 months credit for good time he will be free or at a half way house.

I think the article says he isn’t eligible for parole until his sentence is halfway done.

Even at 1.5 years it is fucked up to think this guy will be out there. This idiot might be more cautious in his efforts next go around......I can’t see these urges subsiding at any time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info