Making a change

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
Fuuuuuuck. I started this today and I initially laughed at the weight the app recommended after I put all my info in. I am fucking D E D. Doing actual real deep squats. Fuck.

So glad you started and I followed.

This is why I keep posting in this thread, so that maybe someone else will be inspired.

Yesterday sucked trying to move anywhere and I even trapped myself on the shitter at work (someone actually thought I was dying). All worth it.

I did crush another personal goal. I ran 2 consecutive miles without stopping, virtually pain free last night. Now I just got back from the gym after doing workout B and Iā€™m looking forward to not having to do anything after work.

Today is going to be a good day.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Fuuuuuuck. I started this today and I initially laughed at the weight the app recommended after I put all my info in. I am fucking D E D. Doing actual real deep squats. Fuck.

So glad you started and I followed.

squats past parallel ftw

Doing 5x5 as well but not concerned about dem gainz. I did the weight it told me to add until I left on vacation. Then auto deloaded and I am adding wait at half the recommended intervals now which is working better for me.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yeah. ...yeah... ass touching my calves. Doing 90lbs because that what the app recommended I start with and I laughed heartedly.

I'm not laughing anymore. :rofl:

I started at the bottom. With the bare bar and worked my way up.... It was worth it to learn form and get used to it. And like you said.... Its harder than it seems! Especially as the days pile up.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
I started at the bottom. With the bare bar and worked my way up.... It was worth it to learn form and get used to it. And like you said.... Its harder than it seems! Especially as the days pile up.

Monday: I felt like I could conquer the world
Tuesday: I was feeling it
Tuesday night: I ran. WHY
Wednesday: Help

Really looking forward to next Wednesday as that would be 5 workouts and the app will start graphing my progress. Down 39 pounds since the VA called me fat.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
It worked for me as well. Have a MUCH farther way to go than anyone on here, but started KETO again about 6 weeks ago after reading this thread again and am down about 20 pounds so far... Keep it up!

Dude, yes. Keep putting in the time and chip away at it. I can honestly say that I FEEL happier. First time in a long time I've felt that.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Ive been trying to put on some size lifting pretty heavy for a couple months every day my entire body hurts and is sore

Thats part of why I decided to cut the increase in half. Being sore all the time just wasn't working for me. It doesn't motivate me to get shit done around the house or go out and be active in other ways like playing basketball or going for bike rides with my wife.

And adding 10lbs per to my deadlift was a challenge. I was getting the wobbly knee as I approached 200lbs.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Thats part of why I decided to cut the increase in half. Being sore all the time just wasn't working for me. It doesn't motivate me to get shit done around the house or go out and be active in other ways like playing basketball or going for bike rides with my wife.

And adding 10lbs per to my deadlift was a challenge. I was getting the wobbly knee as I approached 200lbs.

I use knee sleeves for dl's or squats, it makes a big difference on how my knees feel the day after, when i was starting to squat in the upper 200's my knee wouldn't work the next morning for the first couple minutes after i got out of bed, now its all good and ive added a lot of weight to my squat and dead lift since

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
I use knee sleeves for dl's or squats, it makes a big difference on how my knees feel the day after, when i was starting to squat in the upper 200's my knee wouldn't work the next morning for the first couple minutes after i got out of bed, now its all good and ive added a lot of weight to my squat and dead lift since

Do you have any tips for a beginner that can't be found on the internet?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Do you have any tips for a beginner that can't be found on the internet?

just to focus on the big lifts and proper form over heavy weight, I also like to have some carbs before and after a workout, I normally eat a full meal after, and don't waste your money on all kinds of supplement crap, especially dieting eat your protein don't waste calories on a protein shake that wont fill you up, I'm no pro at lifting or diet I just have fun at the gym and try to eat halfway decent food

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
just to focus on the big lifts and proper form over heavy weight, I also like to have some carbs before and after a workout, I normally eat a full meal after, and don't waste your money on all kinds of supplement crap, especially dieting eat your protein don't waste calories on a protein shake that wont fill you up, I'm no pro at lifting or diet I just have fun at the gym and try to eat halfway decent food

Yeah, I'm not out to compete in any competitions or anything fancy. I want this to be a hobby and look good as a result. I didn't even think of eating before lifting, so I may want to do that before I start to get to the heavy weight. Thanks for the advice.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Yeah, I'm not out to compete in any competitions or anything fancy. I want this to be a hobby and look good as a result. I didn't even think of eating before lifting, so I may want to do that before I start to get to the heavy weight. Thanks for the advice.

yeah I find I'm stronger if i have some food an hour or so before I lift heavy, I burn so many calories when i do crossfit I feel like im going to pass out after if i dont eat first

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
Just had my most active week in a long time. MWF I was in the gym, Tuesday I ran my first consecutive 2 miles since forever ago, Thursday I went to a track and did some 400m sprints, and I just got home from almost a 6 mile hike at 60#.

I notice a difference since my last picture as my arms are getting a little more defined and my gut is shrinking. Feels good man.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Broke down and bought a redbull today...

pezgM.gif

Sounds like double duty at the gym today.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
So I just realized how old this thread is. My original goals were to not feel like a fatty, fit into old clothes, start lifting, and run a 5k. 3 of those 4 have already been completed so Iā€™m going to focus a little harder on running.

Ran 2.5 miles this morning and will probably run another 3 or 4 after work. I kind of like the idea of getting up at 330 and getting shit done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info